Online now
Online now

The life of a brat

Defender​(dom male)
3 years ago • Oct 5, 2020
Defender​(dom male) • Oct 5, 2020
Hi GreyEyes.

Intelligent conversation with some spirit?

Absolutely.

But that wasn't what I described.

Wanting attention?

That's fine.

But again, that isn't what I described.

If a sub who behaves as I described is merely a Brat, what word should we use to excuse a Dom behaving like that?

Labels.

None of us should hit people with them - OR hide behind them.
mab{Thiers }
3 years ago • Oct 6, 2020
mab{Thiers } • Oct 6, 2020
@Daddy's baby girl

One does not preclude the other. You can be a brat and 100% a submissive. These, in fact, go hand in hand and work really well together.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Oct 6, 2020
I believe those who decry against “brats” being submissive are not thinking nor defending their positions adequately here. The OP seemed fairly specific in stating she wasn’t “everyone’s cup of tea”. And most of those that I have experienced who exude the “brat” charm do not do so 24/7 - its sporadic especially within the confines of the right dynamic.

As indicated in other responses, there are reasons why a brat exudes the brat. It may be to play and start a chase (FUN). It may be to support their Dominant on a day the Dominant is feeling low (due to life, work, etc) and the brat wants to pull them out of their funk. Each submissive knows their Dominant (or should) and a Dominant who admires the appeal of a brat will benefit from that in their dynamic. It isn’t for everyone - that’s why “your kink may not be my kink but that is ok - as long as it’s safe, sane, consensual and legal. (Sorry - disclaimer time)

Also, although I can be a Sappy Sexual (it may be the romantic in Me) I do so love intelligence and strength in a woman and find it attractive. Yes, the term sapiosexual is a relatively new term in relation to the years this planet has been alive - oh, and in terms of the community at large - but new terms are coined often. Those who find intelligence a turn-on enjoy the birth of new words . . . and employ those new words in they feel they apply. If someone self identifies as sapiosexual - hell that’s awesome. Of if they simply say, “I like an intelligent man” - ok, same thing. And considering this forum (the Cage) is based primarily on written profiles and blogs and such, I’d say the first thing we note is the level of intelligence in our communications. I guess for some individuals, they prefer dumb vice smart?

So in summation, I would respond that if a Dominant questions your submission because they don’t believe a “brat” can be a submissive, then they are trying to define you in their own limited definition and thinking. I would posture they are not the type of Dominant for a bratty submissive. That is great - each to their own as this world is wonderful that way. I would also offer that perhaps they should step outside their comfort zone and educate themselves a tad further before making an all-encompassing declaration that brats aren’t submissive.

I will add that there are those who perhaps exude brat that are in fact attempting to top from the bottom. And some who exude brats are not submissive. It’s a great big world out there. We can all attempt to be who we desire to be.

All the best.
LL
The Thinker​(sadist male){NotLooking}
"I believe those who decry against “brats” being submissive are not thinking nor defending their positions adequately here."

Thing is, and speaking just for rmyself here, I don't need to. I merely need to stay away from brats, and life is good.

Are brats submissive? Perhaps. Are they also brats? For sure. Is a glass of milk still a glass of milk if you put a drop of lemon juice in it? I would posit no. There's no argument there for me. I am not drinking that glass.

"As indicated in other responses, there are reasons why a brat exudes the brat. It may be to play and start a chase (FUN). It may be to support their Dominant on a day the Dominant is feeling low (due to life, work, etc) and the brat wants to pull them out of their funk."

There may be a 100 reasons, but they are irrelevant.
Sir Don​(dom male){Not lookin}
@Thinker- The orginal question is dealing with
brats not being submissive. You dislike brats so much why did you comment on this post.
"There may be a 100 reason ,but they are irrelevant " they are only irrelevant to you. Saying you don't like brats is irrelevant to this discussion.
The Thinker​(sadist male){NotLooking}
Don, I was responding to:

"I believe those who decry against “brats” being submissive are not thinking nor defending their positions adequately here."

Context, my man.

" You dislike brats so much why did you comment on this post."

Because I wanted to.
vBatGirlv​(sub female)
vBatGirlv​(sub female) • Oct 6, 2020
@Moongirl ~

I completely agree with you! 100+% brat here but with the right Dom I can be a sweet submissive. Not to say I still won’t be mouthy or play, there’s just a time and place for it!! Can’t give Him everything He wants each time, what’s the fun in that? Maybe I feel like a spanking today? 🧐 Maybe I want to catch Him off guard and actually do as I’m asked the first time sweetly? 🤔 Takes a special Dom with patience and enjoys the rollercoaster of fun sexy times a brat can bring!!

Brats are not everyone’s shot of whiskey but when we are, we’re hella fun!! Different strokes for different folks 💕🦇💕