Online now
Online now

UK dungeons / munch groups

roguetulip​(dom trans man)
2 years ago • May 9, 2021

UK dungeons / munch groups

Anyone know of reputable dungeons, groups, munches on the East coast / Midlands / S Yorkshire that will be starting back up this summer?
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • May 9, 2021
I think, my view, that its really too soon to be doing that, covid hasn't gone.
Bunnie
Bunnie • May 9, 2021
Have a look on Fet. That’s where I look for local events. The places that have re-opened here have adapted their spaces to meet Covid regulations (but keep in mind when I say this, I am in Australia, so we are in a different situation in regards to Covid). It’s best to just find something local and get in touch with the group coordinator to see what their procedures are. If it resonates with you, awesome... if not, look elsewhere, or perhaps wait a bit longer until things have settled more.
    The most loved post in topic
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • May 9, 2021
roguetulip wrote:
It may never go. We are opening up all areas in June so I was hoping that the more informal meets would be happening.

I am aware of, what I view, as the reckless English government rush to throw open the doors, abolish mask wearing and social distancing, and hope herd immunity will cover things with enough people vaccinated.

I suspect some places will open up and be damned, some will wait till next year. I have seen the footage of what happened when the pubs opened, particularly in London, no social distancing and masks thin on the ground. Those scenes are terrifying, and very upsetting for those who have sacrificed everything to abide by the rules. I think its a slap in the face to them.

Munches may stay online for now, but clubs are businesses and therefore will be under pressure to re open. A google search will show up swingers clubs, some of which have ties with the bdsm world, and more bdsm focussed ones should show up too. Regarding munches, there is the find a munch website, which does cover the UK.

There maybe some more LGBTQ + focussed info from sites covering those communities, clubs, events etc. Will Pride even be happening this year?

I like many have had no in person social life or kink life since this started but I personally am not willing to throw my, and others sacrifices away just for selfish reasons. When the covid pandemic is judged to be over, by the WHO then we can try to go back to some semblance of what there was before. Will it be the same, time will tell. One thing I think I can say is people have how this ends up in their hands, if too many selfish people and foolish governments put the sacrifices at risk, then the future is bleak.

As a final thought I will be watching how clubs, dungeons, my local groups and individuals, behave during this time, how they manage peoples safety and those that are reckless and selfish will never see me there again.

I hope you find a safe way to find what you are looking for.
DrWakko
DrWakko • May 9, 2021
I would suggest starting your own munches. There are site you can post your events on. As long as you can keep it safe then go for it. Safe is covid safe and creeper (all genders) safe.

The reason why I say start your own is because a lot of venues have shut down and gone under so they won't be hosting munches. Plus I feel that this covid break gave a lot of people who run munches a good excuse to stop running them permanently.

If you do start a munch do not stop after munch two or three. It takes a long time for munches to catch on. I've seen slow starts and I've seen ones that start off gangbusters then settle down after sometime then pick back up again. Start one because you want to and do it out of passion.

DW