Online now
Online now

Intelligence in s types

SubtleHush​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 5, 2021
SubtleHush​(sub female) • May 5, 2021
Virginie{lcpw}
Hey Mash
There is a difference by the way. Look at your choice of words. "Intelligence in s-types" vs "do you prefer a bubbly partner?"
Virginie, I've been thinking about this as well.

And I agree completely. Right up to me disagreeing with him being 'uncivil"

Not full-on misogyny but some thread of disrespect for women.

Mash objectifying women for your 'play' is between you and them. However, confusing us all as here for your entertainment that won't fly.

Female s types are not here to be demure and subservient to you. You might want to revisit your thinking on such things.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
2 years ago • May 5, 2021
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • May 5, 2021
I never specified ‘female’ partner.

In fact, I use no gender specific terminology anywhere (with the exception of, possibly, ‘breasts’ and ‘penis’, which are used in the same sentence, and, in support of the transgender community, I wouldn’t count as actually denoting a specification of gender.).

The view that I consider this a gendered issue was in no way my intention.
It is also unsupported by any evidence that I can see.
Please, explain how you came to that conclusion.
Fasttrapper​(dom male)
2 years ago • May 8, 2021
Fasttrapper​(dom male) • May 8, 2021
For me I've noticed that intelligence, creativity or drive in a submissive makes them much more attractive to me by a major factor. So for me this is a very important trait in a submissive.
Virginie​(sub female){lcpw}
Interesting how so many of us are left with the impression that you were, in fact, speaking of female 's-types,' but for me it both does and does not matter. It matters because I do believe that is the true demograhic this was centered around and sorry but before all of whatever I am in the world of BDSM I am that awful, awful thing- a feminist.
It does NOT matter because whether female OR male 's-type' objectification is objectification, so in that regard I am offended for male, female, and other. I believe in one of my first comments I referenced as much of the gender spectrum as I could. I do not believe you ever made such a well-rounded statement, so again- come clean, stop being a chameleon. You are pinned down and under the fluorescent lights whether or not you realize it.
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • May 8, 2021
MisterAshmodai wrote:
I never specified ‘female’ partner.

In fact, I use no gender specific terminology anywhere (with the exception of, possibly, ‘breasts’ and ‘penis’, which are used in the same sentence, and, in support of the transgender community, I wouldn’t count as actually denoting a specification of gender.).

The view that I consider this a gendered issue was in no way my intention.
It is also unsupported by any evidence that I can see.
Please, explain how you came to that conclusion.

Is 'Princess' not a gendered term?
MoonNola​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 10, 2021
MoonNola​(sub female) • May 10, 2021
It all goes back to a matter of kink. What one is into, and not into. Either way respect of others and their taste is a must. We might not agree with all of the kinks in this world, but keep in mind ,unless it is illegal, it is to each their own. Personally I value intelligence, if I am giving my trust and faith over to a person ,it is in the knowledge of knowing they will guide ,care, and teach me with proper knowledge before hand.
Domson​(dom male)
2 years ago • May 10, 2021
Domson​(dom male) • May 10, 2021
I think, as many have pointed out this before (and this is just a monotonous cliche) it is all based in ones personality, needs, and desires. With this said, I want to propose (to a month+ old forum question) a idea. Curiosity I think is ultimately what we are discussing. We all set standards of intelligence and wisdom (Dom sub etc alike). It may be subconscious or conscious, it is semantics at that point, nevertheless its there. If a person is not curious especially in this lifestyle then you have nothing. Specifically, curiosity that comes with as little of judgment as possible (non judgment us impossible).
I am a Dom/Master that requires a comparable level of intelligence/wisdom before I proceed with my work (thankfully this has met) but I have met many subs/pets that have no curiosity or drive to explore out of what they know. These must go hand in hand (intelligence, wisdom, and curiosity). I mean if you examine the things that arouse some of us I am sure the elitism of conventional intellect would turn and run (hahaha).
Keyy​(sub agender)
2 years ago • May 14, 2021
Keyy​(sub agender) • May 14, 2021
Intelligence is so subjective. While I do have some pull toward people who have higher degrees, that's more because I know the disciple required to get there and I find that to be a good personality trait. But book smarts and street smarts are two different things. Generally if someone can hold a good conversation via text and speech and shows interest and topics I enjoy, we can get by.

Last edited by * on Fri May 14, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total
OraclePollon​(sub female){NotYours}
2 years ago • May 14, 2021
Okie!

I am gonna chime in after watching this for a week or so.

Someone in the relationship will be less smart. But what does that mean? Does that mean the smarter one gets to belittle them? Degrade them? "Take care" of them (God how I loathe that mentality when it is purely because someone thinks their sub is 'naive')

It really means so little. Why? Because the more intelligent you get, the less social you get. The less you are able to engage and make friends. If you want to have a submissive that loves to host parties, laugh, be kind, you may not find these if you insist on "intelligence" that takes a certain amount of naivete (yes I just used that word as a derogatory term... but it isnt... only when the wrong people use it the wrong way)

I personally, am pretty darn smart. Thus, I need to find a partner that balances me. Do I want to fight all the time because two intelligent people can't discuss or compromise? Been there, the answer is no. Do I want to be anti social? No. Do I want a partner who can be the "life of the party"? Sometimes, yeah. Or at very least, someone I can hide behind.

Intelligence isn't all it is cracked up to be. Sometimes you accidentally get arrogance... and that is the WORST! DO I want a doorknob? No. But I am not looking for the smartest person in the room, IQ wise. I am looking for the person who is the Master of themselves. Every other standard, be damned.
PrincessLove​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 15, 2021
PrincessLove​(sub female) • May 15, 2021
I am a thinker. I like using my brain. I have had lots of practice.

One of the reasons I enjoy being a sub so much is that I get out of my head and into my body when I am in subspace. I feel fully present. I don’t have to think anymore about the future or the past. Only the here and now matter.

I need be with a Man who I trust, respect, love, admire, and connect with to want to relinquish control. I want to find a Man who complements me in every way including education level and intelligence. I want to be with a Man who I can learn from and who helps me be a better me.

Since I know what I want, I am learning patience as I continue my journey to discover more about myself as I wait to be found by my dream Dom.