Online now
Online now

Anyone here have first hand experience with primal play?

Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
2 years ago • Oct 29, 2021

Anyone here have first hand experience with primal play?

Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Oct 29, 2021
I found this community by googling the term "primal play in sex" and was directed to one of The Cage's excellent magazine articles and then I stumbled onto the forum and decided to join in.

I've pushed the envelope more than a few times with a former dominant and at least twice with play partners but it went no farther than resistance play, biting, growling and wrestling. I didn't really know there was a LS term for it until just recently and I've been in the LS for 25 years. I'd love to here how others define primal play and whether of not others consider it just another form of "bratting" on the part of the bottom/sub/slave.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might offer some feedback.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Oct 29, 2021
When the scent of a possible mate brushes against your nostrils and you feel the need to have all their attention there may be a bit of conflict or struggle, and in the end you get bent and taken and love every moment of it. When they're done all you could do is wish for more, but you feel lucky if you still feel their breath against your neck
ObsidianOx​(dom male)
ObsidianOx​(dom male) • Oct 29, 2021
I got into the lifestyle about 20 years ago, Primal play in my community was big with the pagans and Gor groups. A woman clawing her lovers backside and leaving her mark during sex was a big thing... I don't hear about that now. I did enjoy the Hunter/prey, but I will say some of best experiences come from a sexually aggressive submissive, that some may say was "toping from the bottom". My experience where just more raw and chaotic.

I don't consider it to be a part of "bratting". you make your kinks out to what you desire, many of them will share aspects.
2 years ago • Oct 30, 2021
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Oct 30, 2021
I had never associated primal play with Goreans and Pagans until you mentioned it, ObsidianOx - but I've been a practicing witch half my life now and my first introduction to resistance play was a discussion in a chatroom on the now thoroughly defunct IRC network - where I also accidentally wandered into a Gorean room once and found the heavy "brutish" behavior of the dominants a real turn on. I can't believe I never made those connections before. Thanks for shedding some light on that.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Oct 30, 2021
House Talion wrote:
When the scent of a possible mate brushes against your nostrils and you feel the need to have all their attention there may be a bit of conflict or struggle, and in the end you get bent and taken and love every moment of it. When they're done all you could do is wish for more, but you feel lucky if you still feel their breath against your neck

That's a very succinct description of how I feel when allowed to "go primal" and it's heady and scary all at the same time. One of the best experiences I've had was struggling, growling, scratching and clawing before (gladly) being subdued. Thanks for your take on this. icon_smile.gif
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Oct 30, 2021
@WytchyWoman
Primal is as primal does. If you're uncolored and unleashed then it's your own fault for not being who you are more often
2 years ago • Oct 31, 2021
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Oct 31, 2021
@House Talion, thanks again for your input but my intention was not to assign "blame" to myself for not having had more experience in primal play. It does take another willing participant for the hunter/prey dynamic to work though. Only one dominant in my life so far has been willing to indulge me - but found he thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Two play partners indulged me in games of "tag" and "hide and seek" - for lack of better descriptions. So - no - I am not "blaming myself" for a lack of someone else willing to indulge me but I did giggle that you deemed it necessary to go that route. icon_smile.gif
Master Havok​(dom male)
Master Havok​(dom male) • Oct 31, 2021
Primal play can be very stimulating especially when it is a spontaneous reaction for either the sub or the Dom. I can't speak for the pagans, however, it is definitely associated with Gorean lifestyle, depending on the person of course. Initiated by both the Master and the slave. It is part of what gives the reputation of Gorean Masters being rough brutes who own their slaves on a deep "primal" level. Or used to, there seems to be few who identify as Gorean anymore. I find it deepens the connection between Master and slave and takes the dynamic to a new level of commitment. It's also very exhilarating to conquer ones prey even if she is already owned. That look of wanton desire with the added spice of "resistance" and/or wildness makes the primal instincts rise to the surface for many of us. It is even more exciting to enjoy such play in nature, somewhere far from any sounds of human existence. Though I only suggest that with someone a sub trusts and knows very very well. The "battle scars", the marks and bruises from the encounter are but the icing on the cake, though sometimes they can be a bit hard to explain to the more vanilla inclined others. icon_wink.gif
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Oct 31, 2021
Yes! You summed this up for me perfectly, @Master Havok! 20 years ago I belonged to one of the old school type "usenet" groups named BDSM Witches and resistance play was very big and I chatted in private message with a man using the name "Battle Druid". He was the first to introduce that idea to me but he was actually a soldier stationed in Kosovo and at the time so he was behind the biggest firewall of all - the U.S. government. Because of that even our emails and private chats were limited.

And then - by total accident - I landed in a Gorean chatroom on IRC and didn't know jackshit about Gorean role playing protocol and made an ass of myself and had the channel owner "chase" me across several other rooms after I beat a hasty exit out of *his* chatroom. Long story short - he was "out for the chase" as he put it and we wound up going into private chat where he intrigued me even farther with the concept of predator/hunter/prey. I never met him in person either but both Battle Druid and Sir Daniel piqued my interest in primal play. Two years after these online experiences I met the one and only real life, in person dominant willing to indulge me in my primal kink and it was at *my* suggestion and he found he loved the mutual biting, growling, scratching as much as I did. We spent 10 years together until his death. It took another three years for me to even seek a casual play partner and then two of those were willing to do the tag and hide and seek games - but to be honest - I drew the line at anything more intimate.

The reason I'm reaching out NOW is that I finally feel like going on my own "hunt" again for something more fulfilling but can't forget how many bystanders told me that no "real submissive" would EVER consider playing "hard to get" or resisting any dominant man. I was called a fake poser and even a brat. Not a big deal in the long run but I am sincerely curious as to how others might think and from the responses, it seems the dominants here seem to find it acceptable. Good to know there at least a handful who don't find it a turn off.

Thanks again to all for your input. icon_smile.gif
    The most loved post in topic