Online now
Online now

Yoga/Stretching for a Beginner Rope Bunny

ursa​(sub female)
1 year ago • Aug 29, 2022

Yoga/Stretching for a Beginner Rope Bunny

ursa​(sub female) • Aug 29, 2022
Hi Folks,

Wasn't sure which section to post this in, but I am a beginner in so many senses that I thought I would post here.

I have been working on getting back into a more active life-style, and re-integrating yoga/more consistent stretches has been a challenge for me. I know that stretching is an important part of my atheltic life, but perhaps it is important for my sexual one, as well. As I work to improve my athelticism, I am also slowly working to bring some of my life-long bondage fantasies to real-life fruition. I have always struggled with my flexibility and want to improve that, but specifically I desire to better prepare my body for a variety of bondage.

Anyone out there have any favourite yoga poses, stretching routines, or links to other resources regarding such a thing?
For anyone experienced with both yoga and bondage, any insight you have on your experience would be valued - how often you stretch, do you always do the same routine, any particular parts of your body that you notice needed extra attention after bondage scenes, that sort of thing.

Thank you!
CSI
CSI
1 year ago • Aug 30, 2022
CSI • Aug 30, 2022
It's been a while since I was last tied up, but it is definitely important to limber up. I do general yoga stretching every day and then when I know I am going to do a scene, I focus on opening up my hips for sure (I do the frog pose) and also something called thread the needle to help loosen up the shoulders and upper back. There is also stretching the wrists where you do like a prayer (palms together) and then you push out and try to bring back with your fingers pointed towards the ground. For added difficulty, you can try to do it behind your back. Some of these stretches are also fabulous https://blog.paleohacks.com/stretching-routine-tight-shoulders-upper-back-pain/

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif
ursa​(sub female)
ursa​(sub female) • Aug 30, 2022
This is exactly the kinda stuff I was looking for, thank you, CSI.

I do yoga semi-frequently but the frog pose is new to me.

Looking at the blog.... "yoga poses for after a long day of sitting"... yeah, "sitting," suuuure.... ;p
CSI
CSI
CSI • Aug 30, 2022
Lol!! I love the behind the back one.
RoseUndressed​(sub female)
RoseUndressed​(sub female) • Aug 30, 2022
Hey, rope bunny here and absolute yoga addict.

As CSI says, hips and shoulders are definitely the most important to open up. Hamstrings too - they help support hips and lower spine when in very open poses. Foot stretches also- help with weight on the feet when in certain kneeling poses.

I always stretch before being tied so that my muscles are warmed up in advance. I have a yoga wheel which amazing for really opening up my shoulders and improving my spine flexibility in a very safe and controlled way.

Daily practice, I highly recommend you look at Yin Yoga. It's a practice of stillness in your pose where you hold it for a prolonged period of time. It's a slower but very intense form of yoga that I found really helped with my rope practice. My yin instructor always says 'find comfort in the discomfort'. If only she knew.
    The most loved post in topic
ursa​(sub female)
ursa​(sub female) • Aug 30, 2022
RoseUndressed wrote:
My yin instructor always says 'find comfort in the discomfort'. If only she knew.

Hahah, perfect.

Yin is a new school of yoga to me - it seems incredibly relevant. I'll look into it, thank you!
Bunnie
1 year ago • Aug 31, 2022
Bunnie • Aug 31, 2022
Love rope and love yoga icon_smile.gif

Shoulder openers is a biggie that I focus on in regards to rope because being in a (chest harness) is generally the longest tie, so stretches that focus on the rotation of the shoulder are very beneficial.
Good old downward facing dog is always a gem for all-round strength and flexibility… especially for the back of the body.
Sun salutations are fantastic for the same, incorporating some backbends also.

It’s important to remember also that it’s not just about flexibility. Strength is important. The best way to protect our body (especially in regards to nerves and prevention of injury) is by building muscle. So resistance training/isometrics/Pilates are also other good options.

I’ve just started doing my yoga again daily. I like having variety in my practice so I just have a few preferred teachers I follow on YouTube and choose a routine that feels right for each day.