Online now
Online now

Reminder: Pace Yourself!

Estaria​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jan 6, 2023
Estaria​(sub female) • Jan 6, 2023
I'mME wrote:
@Kurai Mori,

Expecting someone to let the other person know that they have things to do, place to go, or just that the day is getting away from them ....when in a conversation online is not an old fashioned notion.

IT IS CALLED HAVING MANNERS. IT IS CALLED BEING RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS .....
ITS CALLED BEING A HUMAN BEING.

There is so much more to expound on with this subject, but the things I wrote in all caps (at least in my mind) should be already instilled in persons who are old enough to be on this site legally.

100% agreed. There's so much to the subject, but when I'm talking to anyone...whether it be a friend or romantic interest I'm looking at how they treat me. I always communicate if I will be gone for an extended period of time, say a day or more. I understand if you're at work or something and a few hours pass, but disappearing just ruins any kind of relationship I'd want to have with any person. I agree it's just manners, maybe that's why I tend to lean towards the older men...I like the 'traditional' way of doing things as people put it.
Miki
1 year ago • Jan 6, 2023

Tried to truncate but this is a series of replies :

Miki • Jan 6, 2023
So here goes. To the Latest Post:
Whether they be anyone, be it a friend or a romantic interest... If someone has a legit reason to delay a reply OK.. Just Say So.

If said delay goes on and with added excuses.. Red Flag. Games Afoot.. Tell "the other" to take their excuses, write them down, and wipe their ass with the fucking paper.

I am NOT a feminist. I do NOT judge men (for example) with a broad brush, but when you await responses and the other side does not reply within a day or two... Start walking. You'll feel better for it!

And if, ever, Mr. or Ms "X:" comes a- callin' again, just quote an old movie that was made eons before our time:

"Hey! I'm walkin' here! I'm WALKIN' HERE!!"

(Dustin Hoffman; Midnight Cowboy (1969)

Estaria wrote:
I'mME wrote:
@Kurai Mori,

Expecting someone to let the other person know that they have things to do, place to go, or just that the day is getting away from them ....when in a conversation online is not an old fashioned notion.

There is so much more to expound on with this subject, but the things I wrote in all caps (at least in my mind) should be already instilled in persons who are old enough to be on this site legally.

100% agreed. There's so much to the subject, but when I'm talking to anyone...whether it be a friend or romantic interest I'm looking at how they treat me. I always communicate if I will be gone for an extended period of time, say a day or more. I understand if you're at work or something and a few hours pass, but disappearing just ruins any kind of relationship I'd want to have with any person. I agree it's just manners, maybe that's why I tend to lean towards the older men...I like the 'traditional' way of doing things as people put it.
Estaria​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jan 6, 2023

Re: Tried to truncate but this is a series of replies :

Estaria​(sub female) • Jan 6, 2023
Agreed! I like your style!

Miki wrote:
So here goes. To the Latest Post:
Whether they be anyone, be it a friend or a romantic interest... If someone has a legit reason to delay a reply OK.. Just Say So.

If said delay goes on and with added excuses.. Red Flag. Games Afoot.. Tell "the other" to take their excuses, write them down, and wipe their ass with the fucking paper.

I am NOT a feminist. I do NOT judge men (for example) with a broad brush, but when you await responses and the other side does not reply within a day or two... Start walking. You'll feel better for it!

And if, ever, Mr. or Ms "X:" comes a- callin' again, just quote an old movie that was made eons before our time:

"Hey! I'm walkin' here! I'm WALKIN' HERE!!"

(Dustin Hoffman; Midnight Cowboy (1969)

Estaria wrote:
I'mME wrote:
@Kurai Mori,

erzascarlet​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jan 6, 2023
erzascarlet​(sub female) • Jan 6, 2023
I have come to adopt the what I get is what I give. If someone seems disinterested and unresponsive whether it be a friend or a romantic interest I will give the same treatment I am given. I have learned the hard way over and over again I give way to much of myself for those who care so little about me. And I do not do it anymore. I treat others how they treat me. If you don’t like what’s being given maybe look at what you are giving and see if they match🤷‍♀️
kdramalover​(switch female)
1 year ago • Jan 6, 2023
I would just like clear up a few things and also a my comments to the many replies this post got.

The person I was talking about was someone who recently had left the cage and came back. So upon noticing that they had, I reached out again in hopes of getting to know that person. So when we began talking, it was December 24 and we were even talking on Christmas Day, December 25. When I didn't reply back to the last message they sent, on December 26, they blocked me. That's ridiculous. I wasn't replying because I was still spending time with my family. It wasn't' even a full day before I was blocked. Given it was the holidays, I feel like I shouldn't have to state that I won't be responding if its a holiday. That should just be common sense but again, common sense is not common.

As for others take on manners and conversation etiquette and this generational argument:

Yes I think it is important to respond to someone and let them know if you're going to be busy and not be responding.
But also, you do not owe anyone your time and energy nor are you obligated to give anyone an explanation for your behavior especially if you are just meeting them and getting to know that person. Whether this belief is generational or not doesn't matter to me.
Miki
1 year ago • Jan 7, 2023
Miki • Jan 7, 2023
So.. You reached out, I'll assume this past holiday season, and (I'll also assume to simplify and FYI I am BI so I respond to all- --but that's just me) to a guy and a conversation ensued..

... and when you (GASP!!) had the "audacity" to be offline so as to spend time with family on what many, one way or another, regard as a season of family, friends, and overall togetherness-- the dude blocked you?

Relax, you lost nothing but a loser. I refer to people who do that "Ghosting" shit as a uniform waste of skin.

You CAN and you WILL do better!

kdramalover wrote:
I would just like clear up a few things and also a my comments to the many replies this post got.

The person I was talking about was someone who recently had left the cage and came back. So upon noticing that they had, I reached out again in hopes of getting to know that person. So when we began talking, it was December 24 and we were even talking on Christmas Day, December 25. When I didn't reply back to the last message they sent, on December 26, they blocked me. That's ridiculous. I wasn't replying because I was still spending time with my family. It wasn't' even a full day before I was blocked. Given it was the holidays, I feel like I shouldn't have to state that I won't be responding if its a holiday. That should just be common sense but again, common sense is not common.

As for others take on manners and conversation etiquette and this generational argument:

Yes I think it is important to respond to someone and let them know if you're going to be busy and not be responding.
But also, you do not owe anyone your time and energy nor are you obligated to give anyone an explanation for your behavior especially if you are just meeting them and getting to know that person. Whether this belief is generational or not doesn't matter to me.