Online now
Online now

Calling All Collectors ?

MadPoet
1 month ago • Mar 19, 2024

Re: Calling All Collectors 👀

MadPoet • Mar 19, 2024
SnowMinx wrote:
Do you collect something? Maybe its for memories or some sentimental reason. My Baba used to collect spoons, so many decorative spoons on the walls. Maybe figurines, dolls, model cars, broken down vehicles? Maybe cats, coins, comic books? Baseball cards? I feel like women may tend to collect more objects than men, but prove me wrong?

And nope, collecting submissives doesnt count 😅

I collect:
~ a small container of sand and seashells from every beach I've been too (cuz memories)
~ stuffed llamas (cuz they are adorable)

Coins, specially old and ancient silver and gold coins, mostly with a much higher historical value than the value of the metal itself.
Books, horror, science fiction, philosophy and psychology are my main focus, first editions when possible, old books too specially old science books that are mostly written in Latin or French.
Bank notes from specific countries and periods of time, most likely with historical context and value.

Started a collection recently but that’s a WIP.
J o l l y​(sub female){Nillaw♡}
1 month ago • Mar 19, 2024
I collect teapots 🫖
Music boxes
And snow globes.

Simply cause they're cute and i enjoy them.

Though I'm beginning to collect those cross stitch things? My hubbys grandma gives me one every time i visit and i love them. And her so much ♡
Beautiful eyes​(sub female){Taken}
1 month ago • Mar 22, 2024
Lol yes I am nearly 50 but I collect marvel comics, I started as a kid and my nephew has most of my collection now. However not the signed Stan Lee that I have. He will eventually get them lol. However for now I like to hold on to them xx
Miki
1 month ago • Mar 23, 2024
Miki • Mar 23, 2024
Quite a few years ago now, some dude was offering for auction an entire set of TV Guide magazine, from when it first came out on April 3, 1953. I didn't fiollow that auction to its outcome or pay attention to that guy's "reserve" price but the wonder of all that is the fact that his parents or grandparents decided to keep and store those things from the beginning when there was no indication that publication would be so successful and run so long. The first ones were skinny Readers Digest sized booklets that had articles I think and of course the main purpose, local TV listings--- and in 1953 I don't think there were more than two or three TV stations in a given city that people could pull in with the freakin' rabbit ears.

I saw old family pics, usually around Christmas taken before I and my late twin were born -- when cable was first coming out in many areas and had a whopping 36 "channels" -- The Folks were too thrifty (cheap) to put up a rooftop antenna years before and the console TV had those damned rabbit ears, and another, square one for UHF channels. (Rabbit ears only picked up VHF.)

Maybe I should hit some dusty-ass antique store and start collecting rabbit ear antennae.
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male)
1 month ago • Mar 26, 2024
QuietIsNotShy​(dom male) • Mar 26, 2024
Good wrist watches, especially those of the mechanical or automatic natures. Quartzes are good, too, but I feel like I get more of a personal connection to the watch when I'm the source of its energy. I don't wear high quality watches to impress, I just find it quite marvelous that there are such small pieces of machinery that have been created with such precision that they can be accurate for several months.

I also have a small collection of Neil Gaiman's graphic novels about the Sandman and the 7 Endless, as well as the spinoff novels from Mike Carey, "Lucifer".

Finally, I've got some wolf-themed items that a favorite aunt used to give me on occasion before she passed. Those I particularly cherish because even though she was an odd duck, she always loved to spend time with me, and we bonded over our mutual oddness.
xoHoneybee​(sub female)
4 weeks ago • Mar 29, 2024
xoHoneybee​(sub female) • Mar 29, 2024
I collect different copies of my favorite classic books.
(But Im such a book dragon)

If Im in an used bookstore and see a copy of Jane Eyre that's falling apart, it's getting a new home.
Same with Ariel, Frankenstein, and Walden.
ShyBBWkisses
2 weeks ago • Apr 11, 2024
ShyBBWkisses • Apr 11, 2024
Does lovense toys count? 🤔😂🫣
On a serious note I collect perfume.