Online now
Online now

Hypnosis

Storms n Abi{Whatever }
2 years ago • Jul 19, 2022

Re: Hypnosis

Storms n Abi{Whatever } • Jul 19, 2022
[quote="moll"]

I am not looking for a quick fix. I am looking for a professional who can help me solve my problems because not all of us have friends or people who are willing to help. I know very well that a quick fix doesn't exist in this world. Lived with it over and over. I'm asking the community for their inputs.
moll​(other female){owned slav}

[quote="shysub Abi"]
moll wrote:

I am not looking for a quick fix. I am looking for a professional who can help me solve my problems because not all of us have friends or people who are willing to help. I know very well that a quick fix doesn't exist in this world. Lived with it over and over. I'm asking the community for their inputs.

In your OP you asked how hypnosis works in a D/s relationship. Your second question was asking if it can work to change unwanted behavior and you are new to the lifestyle. You did not mention anything about seeking a professional therapist or psychologist. You came across as if you are looking to use only hypnosis to fix your issues and in a D/s relationship.

Hypnotherapy does work for some people, but not all. It doesn't matter if you are into BDSM or not, but you should be upfront with the therapist you work with.

Not all therapists are well versed in BDSM, but a good one will be willing to do the research required to help you.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Jul 19, 2022
Those of us who have been cage members for awhile, we have seen the hypno types arrive, big up their ethics and abilities and then flee leaving a wake of consent violations and hurt damaged people, their ethics and abilities exposed for what they are.

Hypno is edge play, its very risky and very messy to put right after the fact, particularly if hypno wonderkind turns out to be a shit lord, and flees leaving their victim tuned to what was done to them, someone else trying to remove it can be a long process, particularly because they didn’t put it there and the victim may well not know exactly what was done to them.

Cage has its historical victims of this kink, and the net as a whole is littered with stories of subs who struggle to orgasm post a failed hypno dynamic with another person or on there own, and thats not in the context of an abusive setting. The abusive stories are horrific, and sadly way too common.

My advice, as has been given by others here is avoid, and those net randomers trying to sell their ok status are best avoided, randomers on the net, with no professional qualifications to their name (and reading a few books, or attending hypno classes given by other unknowns is worthless) and even if they do have those medical professionally recognised qualifications, training, ask yourself this, hypno kink in a medical sense is it medically ethical?
Storms n Abi{Whatever }

shysub Abi wrote:
I'm new to BDSM and many things.. So I had two questions about hypnosis.
1. How does hypnosis work in a D/s?
2. How can I use it for my benefit, if I'm not in a relationship, but want to get rid of certain fears that are holding me back? Basically the use of hypnosis to alter certain pathways, to change certain states of mind, to love myself, to like something that I am scared of trying, to alter a certain behaviour. I don't know. I'm really new to this, so I would like to know more about this.

I think I've not made myself clear. I'm not looking for a hypnodom, or hypnosis performing Dom or any relationship.

I'm specifically looking for an experienced, qualified hypnotherapist who has some way of helping me out, when normal therapy and medications don't work. I'm not a fan of online therapy so I'm looking for a hypnotherapist in my city.

My first question was out of curiosity to know if it is practiced in D/s. Not to try it out for myself
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Jul 19, 2022
And there will be a que forming of wanabee, white knights who will offer to do that, one in particular comes to mind, don’t engage, don’t accept these offers from anyone.

Seek what you need outside this site or any other kink site from medical professionals only.
Zelia

Zelia • Jul 19, 2022
shysub Abi wrote:
shysub Abi wrote:
2. How can I use it for my benefit, if I'm not in a relationship, but want to get rid of certain fears that are holding me back? Basically the use of hypnosis to alter certain pathways, to change certain states of mind, to love myself, to like something that I am scared of trying, to alter a certain behaviour. I don't know. I'm really new to this, so I would like to know more about this.

I think I've not made myself clear. I'm not looking for a hypnodom, or hypnosis performing Dom or any relationship.

I'm specifically looking for an experienced, qualified hypnotherapist who has some way of helping me out, when normal therapy and medications don't work. I'm not a fan of online therapy so I'm looking for a hypnotherapist in my city.

My first question was out of curiosity to know if it is practiced in D/s. Not to try it out for myself

Self improvement and development is a wonderful thing. It’s a journey and taking the first step or thinking about it is brave and exciting.
I’ve never engaged with hypnotherapy so I’m unable to advise from experience. Do look at your options. If you’re paying a professional you have a wealth of types of therapy you could engage in, CBTherapy is just another to give consideration to, it can be very powerful.
Good luck finding what you need to best meet your goals.
moll​(other female){owned slav}

shysub Abi wrote:
shysub Abi wrote:

Your still not making yourself clear. Practiced in D/s how? Do you mean do therapists use hypnotherapy as a tool to treat patients that happen to be in a D/s relationship? I don't see why not.

Are you concerned that a therapist will see your interest in a D/s relationship as something that needs to be "cured" as if it was a illness?
Storms n Abi{Whatever }

Alaïs wrote:
shysub Abi wrote:
shysub Abi wrote:

Self improvement and development is a wonderful thing. It’s a journey and taking the first step or thinking about it is brave and exciting.
I’ve never engaged with hypnotherapy so I’m unable to advise from experience. Do look at your options. If you’re paying a professional you have a wealth of types of therapy you could engage in, CBTherapy is just another to give consideration to, it can be very powerful.
Good luck finding what you need to best meet your goals.

Thank you 😊
JustGreenie{Collared}

JustGreenie{Collared} • Jul 19, 2022
shysub Abi wrote:

I feel that when it comes to something as precarious as hypnosis, you should really find accredited avenues (physicians, therapists) to help you obtain the results you are seeking. My suggestion and this is only a suggestion, is to seek out the appropriate medical profession to help guide you to the appropriate avenues, be it in a medical (science) capacity or holistic. There are experts or those with appropriate accreditations who provide hypnosis services , yet therapy can also help you get past issues and fears you may be having, may it be regular day to day things to sexual obstacles with no judgement, they are only there to help you.

I would honestly be on the fence about trusting someone here or in real life when it comes to hypnosis. You barely know them and what experiences they may have had with others on the site or in real life. Yes vetting is very important, but how do you know they are sharing all experiences with you and allowing you to speak to all parties involved, you don't and you are putting yourself into danger when that happens. Look at the trust you have to put into a D/s dynamic, which means you have to put ABSOLUTE trust in a person just for the simple dynamic which the two of you have built, now add when you allow them to put you under hypnosis with the mindset that they are doing what is best for your well being, that is a deeper trust that you have in that person. Please just do your research, reach out to medical professionals and take your time with anything you do. Safety is the most important thing when it comes to your mind, body and spirit.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jul 20, 2022

Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Jul 20, 2022
[quote="shysub Abi"]
shysub Abi wrote:

Sadly when you post a question or thought on the Forum you do open up the proverbial can.

It is practiced in some D/s relationships. As indicated above, the community has all walks and talks of life, to include trained and untrained members in every facet. There are some who are not trained nor educated in hypnosis who play around. Same as there are some who are not trained nor educated in shibari but they try rope or have no idea how to properly prepare for wax play or impact play. Although the lifestyle isn't inherently dangerous, there are those who play in the realms of BDSM that take risks without preparing. And often they hurt others.

I'm glad you are considering alternative methods to find yourself and your happiness. Perhaps a trained and certified hypnotherapist can assist you in an area or two. As indicated above, sometimes it impacts some people positively, but other times it does not. I am personally aware of one individual who attempted smoking cessation through hypnosis. In her case it was not effective; however, there are numbers of individuals who have stopped smoking due to a regime of hypnosis. The point of my bringing that up: if you try it and it is not successful, do NOT assume it was you. You might not be susceptible to hypnosis.