Online now
Online now

Bonding on Netflix

MsHaven​(dom female)
4 years ago • Aug 31, 2019

Bonding on Netflix

MsHaven​(dom female) • Aug 31, 2019
Has anyone seen this new show? It’s only a handful of very short episodes but it’s funny as hell. I hope they renew it for season 2.
ADIDAS
ADIDAS • Aug 31, 2019
I have Netflix but I haven't seen that yet. Bonding? Yes?
Thanks for the recommendation Ms. Haven , I'm always looking for TV that's entertaining rather than making me... Well anxious, lol.... Lots of shows make me feel anxious and angry with it's mindless babbling. But I need a good comedy !

*looking for remote**

Thanks again! I'll let you know when I watch if you like. ☺️
Ms. A
MsHaven​(dom female)
Perhaps I should have prefaced my post with a synopsis. It’s meant to be raunchy comedy and obviously is not for everyone. It’s out there, it’s in your face, and it’s meant to be over the top. It’s not a documentary. It’s farce. Overview:

Tiff is a grad student in New York City who is moonlighting as a dominatrix. For Tiff, her sexually explicit job is a business, not a pleasure. When she reconnects with former high school BFF Pete, a recently out gay man, she recruits the cash-strapped man to be her assistant -- performing such tasks as cleaning up after her clients and serving as her bodyguard. This dark comedy follows the unlikely pair as Tiff and Peter's new professional relationship redefines their friendship. More importantly, though, it helps them find themselves.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Aug 31, 2019
Even within the context of comedy and farce things like consent, and safe practice could have been present without damaging the show.
MsHaven​(dom female)
farce
/färs/

noun
a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations.
synonyms: slapstick comedy, broad comedy, slapstick, burlesque, vaudeville, travesty, buffoonery; More
the genre of farce.
dollMaker​(dom male)
Problem is this is a show about BDSM, a niche activity most don't understand, many hate, many would have us thrown in jail as perverts over practicing it, take children away over etc.

This was an opportunity to create something holding to the spirit of SSC, of good practice and it fails, its riddled with tropes, stereotypes and bad practice, as well as consent violations.

There is plenty of humour to be found in BDSM, this could have been funny and keenly observed, it isn't its cringe worthy at times and paints a bad picture of what it is we do. It also doesn't do the LGBTQ community any favours as the gay character is an awful stereotype.

And I did watch the whole series.
MsHaven​(dom female)
My intent was to share a show that a lot of people find entertaining. I’m a lifelong member of the LGBTQ community and don’t have a problem with any of the characters.

In my humble opinion, this is not a show ‘about’ BDSM. It’s a farce about damaged people who learn to love and accept themselves and others, heal past hurts and move forward. It is unique in many ways and MAY very well open up discussions among those very people you mention that don’t understand. The people to whom I wrote this post in this group I expect to be as nonjudgmental about a comedy show as they are about the people here

I’m open to hearing everyone’s opinions on any subject, and I’ll be posting on many different topics other than D/s and BDSM. I’d hope that folks could lighten up a bit when we’re discussing more casual topics like this.
    The most loved post in topic
ADIDAS
ADIDAS • Aug 31, 2019
@Ms.Haven....
If I could, I'd love your last comment a gazillion times!!!!

I've seen tons of controversial TV and movie topics, although done in fiction were about something in life.....

Monty Python
The 3 Stooges
Laurel and Hardy

Maybe not the best examples to fit this discussion but 3 Stooges and Laurel and Hardy were about true friendships in the end although in real life most of us don't go around bonking our friends in the head or kicking them in the ass... Typically anyway... 😋 As for Monty Python, well it was just hilarious for hilaritys' sake.

In other words, it's entertainment vs. life lessons. I get what you're trying to convey Ms. Haven. Lighten up and sit back, relax, clear your mind of all the many wrongs in the world. Unburden yourself of the weight of the world and enjoy yourself. Prepare to laugh! A good, deep belly laugh is so therapeutic. It's actually good for you! Laughter can relieve stress and the stress hormones. It can also increase the immune cells and infection fighting antibodies. There's lots of health benefits if moral issues don't work for you, maybe increasing your health will entice you to see it in a lighter tone.

Now having said this, please allow me this....
@Mr.DollMaker & @Mr.MasterBear.....
I have the most utmost respect for the both of you and have no wish nor intent to ruffle your feathers. If I have, please accept my sincerest apologies as offending either of you is something I'd NEVER want to intentionally do!

Maybe I'm just being a little too lighthearted about this. But I just see it as a TV show, entertainment. Like 50 Shades. My vanilla friends thought that was the most HOTTEST, most erotic show they'd ever seen! Lot's of vanilla love going on the nights people saw THAT show, *giggles* .... Even though the bdsm community frowned on it as it wasn't a good depiction of our lifestyle. So I'm just wondering how much intellectually cerebral influence TV and movies actually have on the majority of people. Hmmmm..... In the case of 50 Shades, it most certainly had a pelvic influence! 😋 ( to those mentioned above)

@Ms.Haven.... Now I owe YOU an apology for hijacking your post. I am truly sorry! I can be loquacious sometimes, lol... My grandson gets his chatterbox ways from me, obviously! 😊

Respect, peace, love and light to each one of you... Thank you for allowing my input. You are all valuable to me in this community.

A.
dollMaker​(dom male)
@ADIDAS

No offence taken.

I guess I am guilty of wanting, hoping that bdsm and LGBTQ communities are portrayed as real people, as complex as everyone else and not as freaks, sources of ridicule or cheap jokes.

@ MsHaven I do have a sense of humour, but re BDSM yes I do take things seriously, maybe too seriously but I am motivated by a concern that badly done media might lead to someone getting hurt, or giving folks the wrong ideas about us. I am all for representation but would prefer better quality representation. Recently the best, not perfect mind you, was the couple in Billions, their kink is part of their day today life and its presented in a fairly realistic way, as part of their life and not with them being dirty sick perverts.

I wasn't trying to,piss on your thread, but just offer an opinion on the show. It would be a boring world if we all agreed and liked the same stuff. I intended no offence. Re the gay character maybe my sensitivity about this refelects my own recent acceptance of my pan sexuality and stereotyped negative models of LGBTQ people for sure played a part in my struggles with my sexuality. Maybe I am guilty of transference of my struggles, being overly sensitive if so I apologise.