Online now
Online now

Advice for first munch?

PiercedHeart​(dom male)
4 years ago • Feb 7, 2020

Re: Advice for first munch?

PiercedHeart​(dom male) • Feb 7, 2020
Curious Raven wrote:
I’m a novice and planning to attend my first munch next week. I think most people feel shy about walking alone into a social event with complete strangers and of course, the kink factor ups the ante. The standard vanilla questions (what do you do? where do you work/live? where did you go to school?, etc.) are probably off limits (or not?). I do plan to e-mail the host to let her know there’ll be a newbie “in the house”.
So...what’s your best advice for mingling at a munch? What do you recall from your first munch? Care to share any funny stories? Things you wish you had done differently? Did you use your real name or a “nom de kink”?

My limited experience with munches is that they are places to get to know fellow kinksters. Vanilla or kink questions are equally allowed, but protocols are followed...for instance, if someone wants to be addressed in a certain way, do that. If there is a Master/slave or Dom/sub couple, check with the Dominant to get permission before talking to the sub.

If someone has some kind of kinky outside activity, eg making bondage jewelry, find out about that...just generally network and make friends...
Don't be nervous!...Munches are designed for newbies!...Good luck!
Curious Raven​(other female)
4 years ago • Feb 8, 2020
Great to hear that things went so well, @zash and @soaringfree ! And I realize that I’ve neglected to report back on my own “debut” munch which I attended several weeks ago. The truth is that it was really easy. The host was amazing! She made me feel so comfortable the second I walked in, spent quite a bit of time just getting to know me and introduced me to a slew of folks, both regulars and other newbies . It was a surprisingly diverse crowd and not cliquey in the slightest. Conversation flowed easily and was a mix of vanilla and kink. This is actually a monthly event and I will definitely go back. Personally, I don’t feel ready for a play party so this was perfect. Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement!