Online now
Online now

What is TPE ?

Bad daddy for you
4 years ago • Feb 20, 2020

What is TPE ?

Bad daddy for you • Feb 20, 2020
I have been looking for someplace to find out what the abbreviations are. Is there a site or something to go to to find out these things?
MstrSol​(dom male)
4 years ago • Feb 20, 2020
MstrSol​(dom male) • Feb 20, 2020
While dictionaries are useful, please remember that people have a way of redefining terms for themselves. So TPE may mean very different things to different Doms and subs. For me, TPE means the sub defers to my decisions on all matters. It doesn't mean I have to take every decision for her (that would get tiresome in a hurry) but if I order her to do something, she does it. Note that she has the right (and in matters of safety, the obligation) to share with me information I don't know that might affect my decision. But, the final decision remains mine.

I also believe all D/s relationships, including TPE ones can be terminated by either party. This is because consent is the core of SSC (Safe, Sane, Consensual). I want my sub's submission as her gift to me, not something I force from her. Many Doms would say that would not be TPE. But for me it is a key part of TPE because SSC trumps TPE. This lifestyle is all about communicating clearly with your partner about your mutual expectations. So, dictionaries won't really help you with terms, communication will.
    The most loved post in topic
youlikecontrol​(dom male)
4 years ago • Feb 21, 2020

What is TPE

youlikecontrol​(dom male) • Feb 21, 2020
Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE), sometimes referred to as thermoplastic rubbers, are a class of copolymers or a physical mix of polymers (usually a plastic and a rubber) that consist of materials with both thermoplastic and elastomeric properties.
FoxyPhilosopher​(sub female)
4 years ago • Feb 22, 2020
As @MstrSol says - everyones meaning of terms differs but people can often find themselves agreeing on some kind of core center of things.
TPE stands for total power exchange - that is what is hidden in the words - then the meaning of the wordings might differ from person to person.
Here is a fetlife group (probably the biggest and most popular kink website there is) with a list of different terms and labels you can find.
https://fetlife.com/groups/3243?sp=2

And otherwise when in doubt of a word. Google it (maybe with 'BDSM' in the search) and something will pop up. Either a dictionary thing or someone with a blogpost about it icon_smile.gif