Online now
Online now

BDSM and parenting

ariesangel​(switch female)
4 years ago • Apr 1, 2020

BDSM and parenting

I absolutely love participating in this lifestyle! I've always been alternative by the normal standards and am used to doing my own thing. I took a 9 year break from the scene to raise my son and attempt to do what was expected but I found that in doing so, I completely lost myself. Now I'm back and stronger, more eager and open than ever before. Problem is I don't know how or even if I should broach the subject to my son. I've raised him to be all inclusive, to hold no bias towards anyone based on preferences or looks. But being MOM, that's a whole other dynamic. I am fine with keeping it away from him but at some point he deserves to know the true me. I've told him to never hide who you are, you'll just hurt yourself in the long run. How do I practice what I preach?
House Talion​(dom male)
4 years ago • Apr 1, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Apr 1, 2020
Theres a time and place for everything. As his father you should know the best time (age) to tell your son, but be prepared when he asked the inevitable question of "what's this" and make sure yourbanswere is truthful as well as reassuring. Young minds at any age can be very impressionable. What's brought into the home can effect anyone. My best advice is to wait till hes old enough to get the sex talk. With everything the way it is now you can simply say that some people like soccer, some people like baseball, and some people dont like sports at all, but if he asks about football you just say "theres still some people that do things we dont agree with and that's okay for them, but just cause it's okay for them does not mean it's okay for you or me".

Nothing against football, I'm just not a fan