Online now
Online now

Sexual health

Miki
3 years ago • Nov 18, 2020
Miki • Nov 18, 2020
It's more than OK to ask about STD status! The trick is, as one guy already found out, the one asked is not always honest about it. Therein lies the rub (or refusal to do same) It simply is better to know someone for a while l see what kind of vibes you get from them and their general behavior. While many can put up a gracious and endearing front, those who are genuine will show it over a period of time, while those who are just putting up a smokescreen will not be able to maintain it perfectly over a period of time and in all circumstances.

The best bet, even though it's not the same as the "real thing" when in doubt, tell him to put the "raincoat" on.
Trust is something that is required for long term relationships and the roll in the hay as well. I have been fortunate to be familiar enough with my various partners to rely on their stated test results and therefore do it natural. But I regularly get tested anyway and so far so good.

Now, being on the shelf due to the overall suckiness of the social scene here in Maskachusetts, the concern is less about various STDs and the more serious chance of catching something a touch more serious than just "the clap"
Not to downplay HIV of course, something so far down the headlines so as to fool some into thinking it vanished, but other, treatable diseases and parasites, (let's not forget crabs!) pale in comparison to a fatal or near-fatal bout with the Kung Flu.