Online now
Online now

Halloween Horror Challenge

Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
3 years ago • Oct 5, 2020
hahaha! Could we put Book of Life in the existential horror category?

We almost went with Nightmare Before Xmas since the kids were getting in on it last night, but due to a lack of time, we cheated and watched a couple episodes of The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror. Not really a movie, but it was a dvd collection of movie spoofs so close enough.

Thanks for sharing, Onyx!

Puppet Master movies can be a lot of fun. I really like the first and third ones, myself.

And for October 5th, we are having Teacher Trouble!

Hmmm...the obvious choice is The Faculty (as it rightly should be) but you could also go with Teaching Mrs. Tingle, The Substitute, Halloween: Resurrection (a stretch, I know, but Dr. Mixter's class inspires the teens to research Myers), Reanimator 1&2, Urban Legend...Ghoulies Go To School (?).

Good luck choosing!
Bunnie
Bunnie • Oct 5, 2020
5 - Teacher Trouble

For this one I’ve chosen a movie called One Eight Seven (187).
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
Zerospace wrote:
hahaha! Could we put Book of Life in the existential horror category?

We almost went with Nightmare Before Xmas since the kids were getting in on it last night, but due to a lack of time, we cheated and watched a couple episodes of The Simpsons' Treehouse of Horror. Not really a movie, but it was a dvd collection of movie spoofs so close enough.

Thanks for sharing, Onyx!

Puppet Master movies can be a lot of fun. I really like the first and third ones, myself.

And for October 5th, we are having Teacher Trouble!

Hmmm...the obvious choice is The Faculty (as it rightly should be) but you could also go with Teaching Mrs. Tingle, The Substitute, Halloween: Resurrection (a stretch, I know, but Dr. Mixter's class inspires the teens to research Myers), Reanimator 1&2, Urban Legend...Ghoulies Go To School (?).

Good luck choosing!

Haha, I think we possibly could put in such category! I was able to spare enough time to fit it in along with The Night before Christmas, luckily my kiddos are fans of both as well icon_smile.gif lol.

Agreed, totally enjoy the first 3 Puppet Master movies.

As in my first post for my first 6day line-up, I already have The Faculty ready for viewing... First time watching this one, I seriously returned to school with a whole new insight of my teachers, haha icon_smile.gif and well, IMO can't go wrong with a Joshua Hartnett film!! Though the Substitute as well as already listed 187 both are good as well.

Enjoy Night 5 of the Challenge!!
3 years ago • Oct 6, 2020
Night 5...I will admit I had a tough time picking one for this. I try to stray from the mainstream choices...

And totally succeeded!

Prom Night II! Hellooooo Mary Lou, goodbye heart!

Michael Ironside is the original troubling teacher!
Bunnie
Bunnie • Oct 6, 2020
Day 6... “Hail Satan.”

I’m thinking Rosemary’s baby.
However if I can’t find that, it will likely be the good old Exorcist.
burned​(sub male)
burned​(sub male) • Oct 6, 2020
ok going back here a bit...... I would have to say..... "The Shining" then "Christine".... then of course the "Holloween" series...... still remember being in the theater... watching "Holloween"... and a bunch of girls behind me...screaming during the movie....probably why I am hard of hearing now...... laughs
Hmmmm. Day 6 is so easy it is difficult.

A whole mess of new movies have come out in the last couple years that are in the satanic genre. I'd have to browse Shudder for all the names!

Aside from the classics mentioned by Bunnie (thanks, Bunnie!), other prominent choices in this category would be:
House of the Devil
House of 1000 Corpses (Dr. Satan!!!!)
The Babysitter (a new "cult" hit)
The VVitch
Angel Heart
Devil's Advocate
The Omen

Oh, the list goes on...

I'm thinking of watching something new, maybe We Summon The Darkness.
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
Tonight's pick, Exorcist

Since I'm posting my choices in 6day intervals... Here's my next line up 🎃👻

Day 7: Woman in Black
Day 8: The Lost Boys (original)
Day 9: Twitches
Day 10: Autopsy of Jane Doe
Day 11: Jessabelle
Day 12: Mimic