Online now
Online now

Halloween Horror Challenge

DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
3 years ago • Oct 21, 2020
@ Karyn: Ooo, The Birds is a good one!!

@Zerospace: Guilty as charged! Undivided attention was definitely needed, haha.. But it didn't disappoint at all.

Awesome!! Glad I was able to contribute to that!!

If I'm not mistaken I seen it on Shudder as well as Amazon & Vudu, I think it was. May even be available to fully veiw it on YouTube even. I found it there intentionally icon_smile.gif
Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
3 years ago • Oct 21, 2020
Hey My Horror Peeps!

SIde-bar:

If you are interested, Clive Barker's "The Hellbound Heart" (the novella that spawned the Hellraiser series) is available for $3 on Amazon Kindle and Google Books this week!

This is my favorite book and I read it all the time. I was trying to read it in my profile but it was too long. I'll work on that.
3 years ago • Oct 22, 2020
Sooooo, last night was a comedy of TERRORS for me! hahahaha!

I came to the couch late last night because Wednesdays are a thing in my life right now. I went to watch "Eyes of My Mother" but Shudder said it was only available in Europe. I got mad, decided I didn't feel like spending $3 to rent it, and chose my runner-up, "Bride of Frankenstein". Only I put in the wrong bluray and put on the original "Frankenstein" (well, the ORIGINAL is from 1910, but this is the first full-length adaptation). Too lazy to leave the couch now that I'd planted myself on it, I just ended up watching this movie. Not a bad choice, but not my intended choice. Oh well.

Tonight! The 22nd! (9 more days til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween...)

Genre Bender!

Cabin In The Woods (is definitely a top choice)
Ex Machina (personally, I find this subverts the standard sci-fi plot)
Joker (I hate to do so, but it could count as a serial killer film and is definitely not your standard comic book movie)
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Psycho (but not the Van Sant remake, only the original Hitchcock)
Village of the Damned (again, only the original)
Night of the Living Dead (I'll allow the Savini remake on this one bc I ❤️❤️❤️Tony Todd)
The Babadook (oh hell yes, especially if you have kids)
A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night (world's first Iranian Western/Vampire film)
It Follows (personally I loathe this movie but everyone else seems to like it)
Get Out
Us
Mulholland Dr. (Lynch knows no boundaries)
Eraserhead (Lynch and his Lynchiest)
Audition (wow this gets under your skin)
Dark City (I adore this one, especially the Director's Cut)
Wes Craven's New Nightmare (it is tempting to run to Scream on this, but Craven challenged the slasher genre first with this film)

What choices have you come up with?
You too?! 😂, I totally fumbled that one.

As stated, watching "Eyes of My Mother" was out! I was close to paying to watch it, but I'm stingy with my pennies haha!! So instead I actually went with "The Birds". Having it mentioned here yesterday left it in my mind, so that was my way to go!! Satisfied😊

🎃 Tonight is Genre Bender 🎃

Again, soo many choices!

"The Babadook"😱 Never seen it, but the Trailer looks good & seems like one I could watch with the kiddos. Has anyone else seen it?

"The Witch" (2016) I've seen it once & have been wanting to watch it again, I think it falls in line with the theme. So, it's also on my list.

👻✨ 9 more days!!! ✨👻
The VVitch totally counts!

And how old are your kids? Personally, I would not watch Babadook with anyone younger than twelve unless they are especially stalwart. This movie is 100% tension and it never lets go until the credits role. No joke. Brilliant movie, but it will take a chunk out of you by the end.

What annoyed me about "Eyes of my Mother" was that it was $3 to rent but $5 to purchase. I thought about that one, but when I checked there just weren't enough positive reviews to warrant the extra $2. I hate buying a movie that LOOKS awesome but turns out to be mediocre. I used to do that in the Walmart $5 bin when I was young and had expendable cash like that. Not so much these days.
Awesome! Good to know that one counts!!

Eek! 😩 okay, well.. It would be my oldest that would've watched, aged 9. So, I may need to rethink the scheduling of my movies. 🤦😅 no time for nightmares!!

Right!?! I saw that as well. Viewing the Trailer probably showed the best parts of the movie anyhow. Which I would've been bummed had I rented/purchased it.

Officially came to the realization that money definitely does NOT grow on trees!! Haha.