Online now
Online now

Halloween Horror Challenge

Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
3 years ago • Oct 26, 2020
Oh boy. Musical night.

Not going to lie - I've kind of been dreading this one. Mostly, I don't like musicals. In any genre. I'll most likely watch Burton's Sweeney Todd since that is the only one I can tolerate. I know! What kind of goth am I that I don't like Nightmare Before Xmas? A bad one, I guess. Sue me. I don't mind regular movies with a musical number inserted (see every Mel Brooks movie ever).

Anyhow, here are a couple I could recall off the top of my head:

Nightmare Before Xmas (the obvious one)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (the other obvious one, and actually one I enjoy but I just watched it recently)
Repo: A Genetic Opera
Sweeney Todd (several versions are not musicals, so choose wisely)
Young Frankenstein
Into The Woods (I could see this being a tangential horror film)
At least one of the Monster High movies (my kids used to watch them ALL the time)
Little Shop of Horrors (Oh! I forgot about this one! This isn't terrible)
Joel Schumaker's Phantom of the Opera
Phantom of the Paradiso (I never saw it but maybe I'll give it a try...looks so campy)

Ok. I'm relaxed now. I just needed to go through a list.
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
Just finished going through my old bin of DVD movies, lol.. A lot!! But I came across my all time favorite movie that has a bit of musical inspiration. ""Labyrinth" with David Bowie as the goblin king 😱😍 I badly want to watch this right now!!! I'm trying to follow the themes, and stay within the lines of the challenge... So my question is, does it qualify for such?! Bit on the fantasy side, but still.. lol.

Otherwise it will be a mid-day pass time for me & I'll think of something else for tonight. 😩
Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
YES! Bowie to the rescue!

I would definitely say it counts. The first time I saw it was at a Halloween party. It has goblins and monsters and elements of horror. Those freaky things throwing their own heads around is some kiddie-level Cronenberg shit right there!

Go for it!
ursa​(sub female)
ursa​(sub female) • Oct 26, 2020
Onyx Kore wrote:
""Labyrinth" with David Bowie as the goblin king 😱😍 I badly want to watch this right now!!! I'm trying to follow the themes, and stay within the lines of the challenge... So my question is, does it qualify for such?!

Lol I seriously hope it counts, because I've been thinking about it for today, too. Have been listening to the soundtrack today icon_smile.gif. Maybe it isn't "horror" but I think it's still a perfect October movie. I was considering it for "for the kiddies" too.

If nothing else, I think Bowie's crotch bulge in that movie is pearl-clutchingly-shocking enough to be included in my oh-so thrilling marathon.

As I am not a huge fan of musicals and unfortunately just watched one of my few favs (Sweeny Todd) recently...

Not a movie, but if I don't get to do Labyrinth I might opt for the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire slayer.
Morley​(sub female){Max Sterne}
3 years ago • Oct 27, 2020
Onyx Kore wrote:
It does count!!! Thankfully so icon_smile.gif

yes!!! I find myself lost in that movie during his scenes, 🙈😅 just had to add that bit!!

👻🔮🌛

Happy Birthday Onyx Kore 🎉🎂🥂🌸🎉🎂🥂🌸 - today's theme is perfect for a Birthday (Costumes).

Have a fantastic Day!