Online now
Online now

Halloween Horror Challenge

Draiocht​(dom male)
3 years ago • Oct 20, 2020
Draiocht​(dom male) • Oct 20, 2020
I just watched Hubie's Halloween the other night! It's one of those movies that is so dumb it is good. It is obviously intended to be silly.

And it is fun picking out all of his old SNL buddies in cameo roles. Plus the setting and decorations are small-town charming.
Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
3 years ago • Oct 21, 2020
Thanks for the quickie review, Draiocht.

Personally, I ended up choosing the highly lauded "A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night" bc I heard such good things but kept putting it off. Fingers crossed that it lives up to its reputation!
ursa​(sub female)
ursa​(sub female) • Oct 21, 2020
Bunnie wrote:
Ok, with such an awesome selection of suggestions, Iā€™m changing mine lol.

Iā€™m going to check out Session 9.

@ Zerospace, Thank you!

Awesome Bunnie, Session 9 was one of my favourites growing up, dunno how well it aged but I hope you like it!

Tonight I am watching... Blood and Black Lace. I know nothing about it, so wish me luck.
ursa​(sub female)
ursa​(sub female) • Oct 21, 2020
Also I didn't post it, but 90's night was Silence of the Lambs (so weird going from some super cheesy/slashers to such an artfully told story ;p)
And masked killer I just watched more Halloween.
I hope everyone was satisfied by their new movie night!

My movie was good, but I kept getting interrupted so it was difficult to invest my attention. Family. You know what I mean?

Anyhow, tonight is Black & White night.

I immediately went, in my brain, to Jordan Peele movies. Yup, that's the kind of subversive nutter I am.

Kind of miffed though. My new movie was in Black & White. I should have saved it and watched "Phantom of the Paradiso" like I had planned. Damn. #MissedOpportunities
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
New movie night went as planned icon_smile.gif totally enjoyed "Host". Had to pay attention, but all in all I was pleased!! šŸŽƒ

For tonights Black & White choice... I am going with another unseen movie. Thinking outside of the box now. Haha.

The Eyes of My Mother: 2016

I watched the trailer for it the other day and just knew it would fit well into this category! I hope it rises to the occasion and doesn't disappoint. šŸ‘»
Morley​(sub female){Max Sterne}
For a first movie I watched The Houses October Built. It would have been good for a shaky cam movie, similar to Blair Witch, but Haunted Houses themed. Not sure where I sit on a rating for it šŸ¤”

Tonight, I am thinking The Birds or The Haunting (1963). So many good ones in this era!
Yeah, Host is a movie you need to keep an eye on. No texting while watching with that one! Does not disappoint, though!

And thank you Kore, because you just found a movie I've never heard of. That is hard to do!

Just watched the trailer and DAMN! I might have to join you for that one. That looks fantastic! I'll look and see where I can watch it.
Karyn wrote:
For a first movie I watched The Houses October Built. It would have been good for a shaky cam movie, similar to Blair Witch, but Haunted Houses themed. Not sure where I sit on a rating for it šŸ¤”

Tonight, I am thinking The Birds or The Haunting (1963). So many good ones in this era!

I hate it when people do this but...

YOU NEVER SAW THE BIRDS??? I totally love that movie. It shouldn't be scary by today's standards, and in some ways it isn't, but you will NEVER look at a flock of birds the same way again. This movie sticks with you forever.
Morley​(sub female){Max Sterne}
Oh I have seen The Birds but not for..... So many years (don't want to date myself lol). So I thought it great for Black and White, but I loved The Haunting too. However, after seeing Onyx Kore's: The Eyes of my Mother... I may opt for that tonight šŸŽƒšŸ˜šŸŽƒ See soooo many choices! šŸ˜Š