Online now
Online now

Predatory Behaviour

Quirkyrebel​(sub female)
3 years ago • Feb 1, 2021
Quirkyrebel​(sub female) • Feb 1, 2021
Dude! The labels! Relax! A predator could be the guy most people try not to oppose! Who knows? It could be anyone!

You do have a point there... with experience. But... A nice guy could help a predator and not even know it! It's not just the women who are targeted...

In fact, my files tackle that subject! I survived an asshole before I even graduated! And the people close to me thought I was nuts! Say...

You can survive a predator and fall in love with another predator! This is how serious it is!

I'm not joking! Corner that guy and take notes on him before he kills somebody! Even if his friends seem to shame you...

They're everywhere. Disguised amongst your everyday crowd! Attractive blogs or profiles too... with sinister intent! That's the majority!
dollMaker​(dom male)
3 years ago • Feb 1, 2021
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 1, 2021
In the case I mention people did know, they were told, but chose to ignore those who told them, this persons victims. People chose to act as fronts for the person, even knowing there were victims, plural, in fact one person, one of the abusers followers, actually victim blamed and shamed a victim in a chat room.

Someone I care for deeply was a victim of this... person... so 'relax.' I don't think so, I don't want anyone else ever being hurt by people like this, or anyone, of any kind. Kink should be safe, enjoyable fun, not an abuse story, and way too many are hurt by scum bags.

In the many years I have been active in kink land way too many people have been hurt and abused, I have heard first hand and read of way too many cases, its heart-breaking.
Quirkyrebel​(sub female)
3 years ago • Feb 2, 2021
Quirkyrebel​(sub female) • Feb 2, 2021
Huh? Shamed and victim blamed? All I see on tv is sex cults! My heart breaks everyday watching the world change presidents for going silent under pandemic! It's a pain to learn about the shit people have to go through... For what? Status? Money? Respect? What do they want?

Both genders! When war moves out riots move in! The innocent are blinded then abused. Power! Respect! Attention! They seek that! I'm just sick of that I can't stand that! Oh, but... I need more ice cream and education! And more reports about the fools out there! Dedication to prosperous loyalty!

I'd honestly try to help them... but I get tempted so easily! I can't help myself! Brat or not. So... Conversation spoken as needed! Time to upgrade!

Yeah. I guess it's too bad I can't get sore from sports now... Not after she moved the group to another town! Crap! I'm commenting too much!
DrWakko
DrWakko • Feb 2, 2021
When it comes to predators they are the people you can't help because they don't want help. There are those that are going about things the wrong way and when you let them know, they want to correct the behavior. I do believe there are some people who are quick to label someone as a predator just because that person went about contacting them "the wrong way".

Education goes a long way, but first people need to know its out there and they need to know that their actions won't demonize them. People are quick to accept others, but it seems we are even quicker to push them away if they start going out of bounds.

I think the people that are being talked about are those who don't want to learn, who just what to take what they can take. That is what makes them a predator. I also saw the term "abuser". In the context that it was use that person was not an abuser. Just because you don't like someone, someone else has a different set of views and has a group of friends that have the same set of views does not make someone a predator or an abuser. The only way that statement could be true is if said person tried to manipulate, blackmail or threaten their friends. If someone was a predator or abuser for this then anyone who has/had in their profile "I will not date/do not talk to me if you are a Trump supporter."
Tthomas

Re: Predatory Behaviour

Tthomas • Feb 2, 2021
Boo78 wrote:
A question for all the much loved true Doms here. How do you feel about predators that lurk here. We all know they exist and the most astounding thing is they think they won't get caught or maybe they simply don't care? It's amazing how the truth outs but my question is does it make you angry that these predators make your search harder. I know it's not the done thing to name and shame but subs talk and thank goodness they do. It's good that we get messages from each other asking opinions about Doms. That's one way of helping the good but hopefully preventing the bad and downright ugly fakes. Answers on a postcard please.
Boo x

Boo78

You asked the question ......”Does it make you angry that these predators make your search harder?”

To tell the truth when talking about these lowlifes that is the last thing I think about. The first thing is what can I do to help stop them.
You go on to talk about things this community is doing to help others and that is very commendable. People helping people is what I think this site is about. If there is anything I can do please get in touch with me.

At first when I read this post I was very offended at the question. Offended that Doms only thought about themselves and how this only affected them “in the search”. I hope this was not the intent and maybe it could have been worded different.
SassKay​(sub female)
SassKay​(sub female) • Feb 2, 2021
House Talion wrote:
"One of the problems with predator types is that if they get ban or rejected enough they can always cancel one account and start another. Making it hard to catch them."

I've been part the community for about 20 yrs and I have yet to find a site that is able to ban ppl based on their IP address. As everything leaves a trail it's my understanding that if you create an email with your cell and check it with your laptop then the IP addressing both devices are part of that email address's activation history, so by banning the IP address youd inevitably stop said individuals from being able to get additional accounts just by creating a new email for a new account. Theyd literally have to buy a new laptop or get a high end program to scramble their actual IP address

Depends on the platform but banning specific IPs is easy and getting a new one to join as a sock account is equally easy and cheap. It's whack-a-mole (I run a website that has nothing to do with BDSM/the lifestyle but has a forum aspect where people are frequently banned). An advantage to not banning IPs is that socks might not bother to get a new one and they can more easily be detected.

I'm new to this site and I have no idea how to navigate the comments. I have a couple of people I want to continue to talk to but I disappear for days because of the mess in between the nice people (I think they're nice?). I know I could probably make it much harder to message me through my settings but I kind of got irritated when I joined that I had to go premium to use the site as I want, and I do not want to make anyone else feel obligated to do that. So, that's one me as a decision but it's overwhelming.
Quirkyrebel​(sub female)
Quirkyrebel​(sub female) • Feb 2, 2021
Predators... The criminal and resentful higher ups on the player hierarchy. They not only may have charm, confidence, pickup artist skills, street scammer skills, and party hosting skills! They are main attraction of sex based (The rape offense) type trafficking or murder documentaries! Quick to anger or dangerously calm about their fucked up kidnapping behavior! These masterminds like young women and vulnerably naive older women in probably their 30s. Target age range is 18-30. Since older women usually reach retirement age and/or have marriage experience! Not only do they show up to every social event or make awesome first impressions OD... They're headlines for people to comment public outrage on!

This is the past, present, and future I assume for the predators! If you give or get tricked to easily you're at risk! Apologies to those I offended!

Profiling finished! Thank you for your thoughts, research, and experience! We strive to keep this community trustworthy and safe for users!

The ads lie. You know by repeat female victim booty call requests! Confident profiles about struggling women. Bullshit. And gut feeling! (Partly fact)
Miki
3 years ago • Feb 3, 2021
Miki • Feb 3, 2021
House Talion wrote:
"One of the problems with predator types is that if they get ban or rejected enough they can always cancel one account and start another. Making it hard to catch them."

I've been part the community for about 20 yrs and I have yet to find a site that is able to ban ppl based on their IP address. As everything leaves a trail it's my understanding that if you create an email with your cell and check it with your laptop then the IP addressing both devices are part of that email address's activation history, so by banning the IP address youd inevitably stop said individuals from being able to get additional accounts just by creating a new email for a new account. Theyd literally have to buy a new laptop or get a high end program to scramble their actual IP address

Not necessarily. Those who are hell-bent on being nuisances can use VPNs to sign up accounts. The really good VPNs cost 12 to 15 a month and not only encrypt the data that travels through them, they mask the user's activity from both the receiving ISP and his/her own ISP. All the latter knows is that one logged into a VPN, and nothing else. This is completely legal.

Anyone who has "jail-broken" a Fire Stick, Roku, or whatever which can be used to filch HBO and other copyrighted content are strongly urged from the get-go to get a VPN for that very reason. No trail. The better (paid) VPNs don't even keep a log of user activity.

Failing that, others use the TOR browser. That one can have you in London one minute and when you log in again you could be traced to the outer reaches of Katmandu (just an example)

The best thing to do about predators is to ignore them or beyond that blocking them. They'll see you on forum threads and such but they won't be able to contact you via Messenger or Bond.
My Dear{Trust}
3 years ago • Feb 3, 2021
My Dear{Trust} • Feb 3, 2021
House Talion wrote:
"I've been part the community for about 20 yrs and I have yet to find a site that is able to ban ppl based on their IP address.

The funny thing is that I know IRL 3 different people who have been banned that way from Tinder... my best friend's account was hacked, she was banned, and the only way to restore her service is a new sim card, new email, new credit card info, and new phone #...

If the folks over there can do it, why not here, too?