Brats

LunarEclipse​(sub female)
3 years ago • Mar 14, 2021
LunarEclipse​(sub female) • Mar 14, 2021
Boetius​(dom male)
Boetius​(dom male) • Mar 14, 2021
KatinkaLee wrote:
I only seek to educate you and open your mind a bit yet you cut down everything I say without truly trying to engage in a healthy discourse. Never once did I lash out at you directly in any way. Perhaps I had hoped that this site would provide an opportunity to improve communication and help squelch stereotypes but as they say, you can lead a horse to water.

Best of luck to you.

Why should I open my mind to a consideration that is at direct odds with my personal experience? I really don't care if you embrace your brat label, as that is your business. But as long as you use it, I can assure you that there are those of us who will do a quick detour to avoid such potential contentiousness within a relationship. The very declarations of the OP and similar subsequent posts within the thread makes my point. You folks are the ones with a problem; I just spot the problem and move on.

Thank you, I wish you well too,
LunarEclipse wrote:

Just a repost to clear up any.....problems, so to speak. 😊
Boetius​(dom male)
LunarEclipse wrote:
LunarEclipse wrote:

Just a repost to clear up any.....problems, so to speak. 😊

Those are mature perspectives which are not embraced by many so-called brats who presume the label gives them the license to be total asshats. Because of that consideration, brats such as the OP suffer discrimination.
I would argue that the term "many" is speculative. I would also argue that there are also Doms who presume their label allows them license to be asshats as well.

But I agree, one bad apple can ruin it for everyone else. Thank you for looking at the material I posted and sharing your thoughts.
Boetius​(dom male)
LunarEclipse wrote:
I would argue that the term "many" is speculative.

Not at all; the context is my personal experience.

LunarEclipse wrote:
I would also argue that there are also Doms who presume their label allows them license to be asshats as well.

Perhaps you would, but it's quite beside the point here.

LunarEclipse wrote:
But I agree, one bad apple can ruin it for everyone else. Thank you for looking at the material I posted and sharing your thoughts.

You are very welcome.
Hammermon777​(dom male)
3 years ago • Mar 15, 2021
Hammermon777​(dom male) • Mar 15, 2021
Don’t let fake Doms rule space in your brain, save it for someone that wants to learn about you !!! People who attack you only are want to tearing you down not build you up !!!
Boetius​(dom male)

Re: Brats

Boetius​(dom male) • Mar 15, 2021
LittleSubFox wrote:
(If I put this in the wrong forum, please feel free to delete or correct)

Why is it that the second I say I'm a brat, people run? Like, yeah I get some people don't like brats, but me personally, I'm not the type of brat that says "Make me" all the time and absolutely refuses to do what you say... I know when to not be a brat and to listen. I know when to be good. I'm not a straight up little shit that doesn't know how to be obedient. It's so frustrating when I feel I make a connection with someone and I get ghosted because I say I'm a brat... Maybe I should just lie and wait until I'm in a relationship? I don't know what to do...Any advice?

Also, before anyone tries to make assumptions, this is not about just one person... This is a continuous dilemma for me. It's really disheartening when you try to make a connection with someone and the second you say you're a brat... they either stop replying, or immediately say, "I don't deal with brats." I'm truly upset and hurt that some brats have become almost a bad thing. I'm not bad...

Here is a well reasoned and articulated reflection on precisely your concerns by SubtleHush​(sub female) in the thread titled “I am a brat and a bit of a handful”: https://thecage.co/phpBB/posting.php?mode=quote&p=41690
LunarEclipse​(sub female) • Mar 15, 2021
You only consider it "well reasoned and articulate" because it aligns with your views. Opinions are very different from facts.

The reason I chose to share the educational materials above is because they are neutral and highlight points on both sides.