Online now
Online now

Old School Protocols

Bunnie
3 years ago • Apr 21, 2021
Bunnie • Apr 21, 2021
@ Miki,

“As for "permanence" in D/s dynamics. Today's Velcro collar, disposable dominant/slough-off sub.... Part of the overall pattern of society. Better, worse or "It Simply Is", it is reflected in not just BDSM, it's evident in "vanilla" marriages/domestic arrangements and it is quite prominent in career paths, too.

Gone are the days when someone went to work for a firm straight out of high school, college, or even the military and stayed to retirement resting on a comfy pension.

The longevity of that brilliant kid out of M I T, Brown or even, nestled in the heart of BumFuck, Nowhere, zip code 99999 ---Bear's Ass State College-- is perhaps 5 years on the outside. What was once a rule is now an aberration, like me, going on 9 years at the same desk.

------------------------

Also let's not ignore the likelihood that just because a sub was "for keeps" does not necessarily mean it was a healthy situation for either of them. Rather, like marriages of yore, along with career choices, they stayed together, however miserable because it was the "acceptable thing to do".”

Good points.
Miki
3 years ago • Apr 21, 2021
Miki • Apr 21, 2021
Thanks. I'm a bit grumpy today and I don't even have monthly "girl payments" ----(Long story, some "plumbing defects" I was born with which aren't germane to the topic)----but in all honesty, no one before "us" blazed any trails or made any sacrifices out of any measure of altruism.

I for one owe them zero gratitude.

They slinked around corners, creeped into dark basements or flea-bag motels and basically did what they needed to do in order to get their thrills, seen as twisted and even today, "deviant" by the "general population".

All D/s or kink-slave "contracts" are and likely always will be devoid of any and all legal standing. What is left is a handshake agreement between parties involved, revocable without notice by either party at any time if the shit pile gets too deep.

In the days of yore, there also was a good deal less sensitivity for the other as a person.

As Miss Bonnie wrote, one had to be a bottom for a time before being promoted to the rank of My Sub.

I think there was far less enlightenment in those times and quite possibly more often than those now-grizzled and sexually retired "forerunners" would like to admit, bottoms and subs were closer to being chattel than any sort of partner in the evolving dynamic we have today.

Now, thanks to the "Velcro Collar", a sub who finds him/herself stuck with a dominant who is not much above being a total waste of skin, they are now able and free to yank the Velcro and remove that collar and tell the dominant to wipe their ass with it and go find better.

Conversely, a dominanant saddled with a Sucky Sub can now remove the same "Velcor Collar" from the Brain-Farty Bottom and toss said 2-legged creature out the proverbial window, ass-over-teakettle (as many people's grandmothers would have said.)

Alas not my grandmama.. No such expression in Japan.