Online now
Online now

Thoughts on Fetlife

sineater
2 years ago • Jun 24, 2021
sineater • Jun 24, 2021
Fetlife: Bigger, so a bigger community. More opportunities to meet people and find events. But with the increased size, comes increased jerks, asshole, and other unsavory people, Plus, its become a haven for 'content creators' to spam their shit. Sex work is work, but Fetlife has become overrun. FL also has a better user interface IMO. Their group/message board system has a better lay out, and again, more content since FL is bigger.

Cage: better member search. better listing of additional media(podcasts, blogs, etc). Small, so more of a community feel. But its more restrictive on what 'free' members can do.

I prefer fetlife, but the cage is great too.
Virginie​(sub female){lcpw}
2 years ago • Jun 27, 2021
I used to be on Fet daily, and found many friends etc.. I noticed someone mentioned the ads? I cant say i remember seeing those. There are smaller communities within the site but its gigantic compared to Cage and so takes a bit more work to find people- for some. I don't know that the sites can be compared really. It all depends on what you're looking for, how outgoing you are willing to be etc... I can say that I have seen the very best, most inspiring parts of BDSM life there- and the worst.
Cage, for me, when i was more active was more like a retirement community-easy, small, comfortable, but not exactly titillating.
shandylady
shandylady • Jun 27, 2021
Your right on fetlife I googled it tried to join keep getting thrown off before anyone starts I've tried changing passwords so found the app one try that one out for a while
ShiBunny​(switch female){Self colla}
I love fetlife.
Its a great way to stay connected with kinksters I meet at con or are visiting my local community.
Finding events is a breeze as well as hosting my own is simple.
The education on there can go either way hut in my ecelince ive found so much knowldge that has been helpful to me.

Plus its a safe place for me to post NSFW photos.
Just a fun kinky Facebook.
Seasaltskin
2 years ago • Jun 30, 2021
Seasaltskin • Jun 30, 2021
I've never considered fetlife as a place to really meet people. I treat it just like a BDSM facebook community, learn about events and enjoy the images, writings and vids. I have real world friends on there but we didn't meet through fet.
Lil Foxy Baby​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jul 1, 2021
I LOVE Fetlife. I've been on there for nearly 9 years now. It's a fantastic site. I still don't know about this site I'm not on here but I'm on Fet hours everyday.
sineater
2 years ago • Jul 9, 2021
sineater • Jul 9, 2021
I'm also on FL a couple hours a day. So many amazing conversations to be had. I've learned so much about myself and what i like and want from talking with others.

Its easier being a guy though. In the 8 years i've been there, I haven't gotten more than 10 spam/unwanted messages in total.
gibsontank​(dom male)
gibsontank​(dom male) • Jul 9, 2021
So far it’s only been good for finding local events and munches. Other than that I don’t really see a good use for it.
sineater
sineater • Jul 9, 2021
Events. Pictures/Videos. Discussion.

No advanced search feature (which has pros and cons). No audio/blogs/podcasts section. No interactive chat room.

What exactly are you looking for if its not listed there?
smeagol​(switch male)
2 years ago • Jul 10, 2021
smeagol​(switch male) • Jul 10, 2021
tbh each site has it's pros and cons, It either suits your needs or not. I just never understand the constant complaints about other sites.
Iv'e been of Fetish and Fet for years. I use both for different aspects to what im looking for, getting to meet and know people and the other for general fet information and discussions.
You get good and bad on all sites, but understandable people will defend the sites they feel comfortable with.
Iv'e only recently joined this site, and the jury is def out at the moment. Iv'e seen good but also seen some anality. But time will tell.