Online now
Online now

Gossip, BDSM, and YOU... Part 1

Bunnie
2 years ago • Jul 26, 2021
Bunnie • Jul 26, 2021
I’ve often seen gossip here hidden behind the context of “community safety.” I’ve also seen bullying ironically from those who believe they’re spokespersons for fighting bullying. It’s all in the eye of the beholder really, isn’t it?

What do I do in regards to gossip? I ignore it, and have nothing to do with those who I’m aware of take part in it.
What do I do in regards to community safety? I listen to those who’s opinions I have come to respect in all regards, after having know them for some time, and if they say something, I pay attention. I then utilise that information and determine if it matches what I have come to see with my own eyes and experiences in regards to that person/situation. Basically, I think for myself. “Group mindsets” don’t particularly like that.

My advice… if someone you don’t know well, “freely” offers “community safety guidelines” based on their opinions/rumours/beliefs, take it with a grain of salt, observe for yourself, ask questions, and form your own opinion. If they don’t like that you’re doing that, to me that is a “red flag” in and of itself. Ask what place it’s coming from within them as a person? Does it seem like they simply want to encourage and help you grow in your journey? Or does it seem more like a form of manipulation or “revenge mindset”? Observe them within the community. Do they only come out from the shadows to cause chaos and create drama and whinge and moan? Do they offer constructive or positive contributions towards the community?

Ultimately, there are always deeper things at play… I agree… gossips are unhappy and need chaos and drama to feed on. Unfortunately they use the threat of not fitting in, which is an underlying fear for many… especially newbies, to manipulate. Seeing through their games and choosing to not play them is how I tend to allow the weeds to weeds themselves.