Online now
Online now

Blocking

Master Fyre​(dom male)
2 years ago • Feb 19, 2022
Master Fyre​(dom male) • Feb 19, 2022
orthosurgeon wrote:
I honestly don't get why people are saying these things. It is 100% unacceptable to block someone no matter what the reason. IRL would you get away with being rude to someone, the answer is no, they'd smack you, so why is rudeness acceptable online.

The days of slapping someone with a glove and having a dual over a perceived insult are way in the past. Smacking someone for rudeness IRL is simply battery. It matters not who is the assaultee or the assaulted. Polite society does not include people randomly striking others over perceived slights. The block button is akin to the 'send to voicemail' setting on the phone. It's a tool to use. Just like walking away from an argument in person.

Rudeness in any venue should not be accepted. However, the options for dealing with such vary widely as you can't take the same action in every scenario. online I typically just ignore or keep scrolling. When someone continues after being told "not interested" or "stop", it's easier and safer to just block said individual. Just like if you were to come and knock on my door, I don't have to open it no matter how many times you knock.
DrWakko
2 years ago • Feb 20, 2022
DrWakko • Feb 20, 2022
I think it’s cute that people think this whole blocking thing is a new concept. In the 90s people could buy caller id boxes for their land lines. In the day of the Nokia brick it was “a bad connection” and click (still works today) and then don’t answer your phone. We can go back further. You talk to someone at a bar and they “go to the bathroom” or a friend pulls them away from the conversation. All that is blocking pre internet.

I also believe that if you are to force someone to talk to you it’s a form of kidnapping.

If you (general you) can’t handle rejection of any form you probably should stay off any and all dating sites. It will be healthier.

DW
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
2 years ago • Feb 20, 2022
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Feb 20, 2022
DrWakko wrote:
II also believe that if you are to force someone to talk to you it’s a form of kidnapping. If you (general you) can’t handle rejection of any form you probably should stay off any and all dating sites. It will be healthier. DW
It's unbelievable that anyone would dare to suggest that another person should be forced to put up with unwanted and one sided advances and also be denied the ability to block the offender and then state that "in real life" you'd be deserving of a beat down for daring to limit someone's access to you. That's something I never expected to see advanced as acceptable.