Online now
Online now

Emotional struggles

heartlesslover​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jan 3, 2022

Emotional struggles

I’ve recently started an online only D/s relationship after being in a very involved, in person D/s relationship. Even though my Dom is amazing and gives plenty of praise and compliments when they are deserved, I’m still struggling.
I feel like I’m not doing a good enough job, even though he says otherwise.
I can’t figure out if I feel this way because of the drastic difference in personalities between my current Dom and my former; or if this is a normal feeling since I’m still getting used to not having the in person interaction.
Does anyone else have any advice or have a similar experience ?
Voldemort​(dom male)
Voldemort​(dom male) • Jan 3, 2022
Believe him when he says you are doing good. Trust him. It takes time to adjust from in person to strictly online. But thankfully the option is there for those who for whatever reason cannot do in person. It will be fine.
Voldemort​(dom male)
And remember something. It is as hard for him not to be with you. Hold you. Touch you. Look at you. Feel you. Talk to you. Laugh with you. Care for you.
Voldemort​(dom male)
Believe me. For various reasons i can't do in person in my country. Career and intolerance related for the most. The danger of being found out. Because of intolerance for it. Being regarded as a perv. So I do online. It can be very fulfilling. Believe me. Depends on the person you're with. I've had many shitty encounters. Both with subs and friends and went through emotional turmoil. But like I said it depends on the person you are with. And believe me when I say it's really hard not being with her. We are like 10000 miles away from each other. Time difference sucks. 12 hours. But we still make it work. Because it's what we want. The way we connect and open up to each other. There's light at the end of the tunnel. Just believe in him and be more open with him.
    The most loved post in topic
harleyqt​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jan 9, 2022
harleyqt​(sub female) • Jan 9, 2022
I feel like it's hard to tell if we're doing a good job online. I have the same concerns but surely your Dom would let you know right? 😊
harleyqt​(sub female)
harleyqt​(sub female) • Jan 9, 2022
heartlesslover wrote:
He does let me know, and tries really hard to reassure me that I’m doing a good job. At times, I still feel like I’m not doing enough though.

Just curious but do you feel this way outside of this relationship? In other areas of your life? Do you feel like you do a good enough job at work? At home?
heartlesslover​(sub female)
harleyqt wrote:
heartlesslover wrote:
He does let me know, and tries really hard to reassure me that I’m doing a good job. At times, I still feel like I’m not doing enough though.

Just curious but do you feel this way outside of this relationship? In other areas of your life? Do you feel like you do a good enough job at work? At home?

Other areas of my life are fine. I went from in person dynamic to online only, so I think I’m struggling a little to transition.