Online now
Online now

When you make a mistake; or generally fuck up - what do you do?

Purple Freesia
2 years ago • Jan 25, 2022

When you make a mistake; or generally fuck up - what do you

Purple Freesia • Jan 25, 2022
Given that punishments are usually outlined for the submissive; part of the agreement so to speak and are expected for bad behavior or for disobedience etc...could be a multiple of reasons.

So what happens when the Dominant makes a mistake or as the topic says generally fucks up;

If you are the Dominant what do you do?

If you are the submissive what do you do?

Just asking...
Notely
Notely • Jan 25, 2022
Mending the souls together

Last edited by * on Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total
Notely
Notely • Jan 25, 2022
Mistakes are not mistakes only Experience you went through A life lesson helps you grow. I rather try help the person built from this then punish because yes I am human I don’t wake up perfect but we can try do are best let make it work we can do better. It’s how we grow and live we grow from things be like ya I may messed up but I can try be better know I know not do that again. Their is tho thing called discipline out of love of motivating with love and lifting say you can do it. You can fall one day it was saving you for. Enter things keep going til you get better. I am not perfect but I am perfect for me and in-perfection is Beautiful. It’s the yin and Yang we are in this together US the team work no us then theirs nothing. You work out agree on things say so you may did that thing yw well I’m been broken to in my time let’s get coffee we mend that.
Dominus eius​(dom male){LittleLott}
I echo the statements of RogueWolf and dollMaker.

Admit the error, apologise for the error. Discuss in an open way how and why it came about and then learn from it to try and avoid a repeat.

As a Dom I am still human and so fallible, capable of mistakes.
FundamentallyDom​(dom male)
I want to preface this post as always by saying this is purely my view point and that there are plenty of ways that work wonderfully for relationships. I am simply explaining my thought process.

I take a slightly different approach, if a mistake is made then I would view it as an obligation to correct the negative impacts of that mistake to ensure the result was a net positive overall. The reason I don't limit to apologising and moving on is as follows:

1) A sub has a much harder time pushing back on a dom for those mistakes than is the case vice versa. That means the dom needs to be actively alert and considerate of a sub's perspective and the impact of the dom's actions on the sub.

2) When a sub makes a mistake the dom views it as entirely reasonable to punish the sub and expects them to make up for the slip in behaviour. It is important that when a dom makes a mistake they too make up for that slip in behaviour because a relationship should be mutually beneficial. Mistakes create a negative on the other side of the relationship, that negative should be counter balanced by something positive.

3) It is psychologically a lot easier to avoid repeating mistakes if making one requires the dom to go to extra effort to correct the damage.

4) It encourages a willingness to communicate on important issues in a positive way as well as turning what can be a damaging moment in a relationship to a strengthening one. It's a discussion about how to do something nice for the sub that digs into the core of the slip and the impact the slip has on the sub. It's a great learning and bonding opportunity.
    The most loved post in topic
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 25, 2022
FundamentallyDom wrote:
2) When a sub makes a mistake the dom views it as entirely reasonable to punish the sub and expects them to make up for the slip in behaviour. It is important that when a dom makes a mistake they too make up for that slip in behaviour because a relationship should be mutually beneficial. Mistakes create a negative on the other side of the relationship, that negative should be counter balanced by something positive.

3) It is psychologically a lot easier to avoid repeating mistakes if making one requires the dom to go to extra effort to correct the damage.

4) It encourages a willingness to communicate on important issues in a positive way as well as turning what can be a damaging moment in a relationship to a strengthening one. It's a discussion about how to do something nice for the sub that digs into the core of the slip and the impact the slip has on the sub. It's a great learning and bonding opportunity.

Beautifully said and the most commendable approach I've seen any dominant openly express since my late husband.
Notely
Notely • Jan 25, 2022
There are no mistakes in life,
only lessons. There is no such thing as a negative experience, only
opportunities to grow, learn and advance along the road of selfmastery.
From struggle comes strength. Even pain can be a wonderful teacher. I know everyone has different way this one I used for years. Punishment should only be out of love not hate or anger. But suit yourself what ever works.
Miki
Miki • Jan 25, 2022
I skipped down to answer the question without a lot of justification.

I simply say I am sorry.