Online now
Online now

Lack of fetish representation

Bunnie
2 years ago • Apr 26, 2022
Bunnie • Apr 26, 2022
It’s just an unfortunate side effect of the online world. People think that if someone likes something they find offensive or don’t like themselves, that somehow it’s a personal attack on them. Ego is a funny thing.
Even if I’m not into something, I am always curious as to why someone else is. That’s what I enjoy about discussing “taboo” topics. As far as I see it, there’s always room to learn icon_smile.gif
    The most loved post in topic
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
2 years ago • Apr 27, 2022
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Apr 27, 2022
Bunnie wrote:
Even if I’m not into something, I am always curious as to why someone else is. That’s what I enjoy about discussing “taboo” topics. As far as I see it, there’s always room to learn icon_smile.gif
I think it's worth pointing out that not everyone has the luxury of sufficient time in their daily lives to ponder the proclivities of every other fellow kinkster. Because of those time constrictions, most of us allocate what time we do have to those subjects which do interest us *personally* - so of COURSE most people continue to learn as we explore this lifestyle. It's just a matter of where our interests lie and allocating the precious commodity of time. 😀
Zelia
Zelia • Apr 27, 2022
Simple answer, you post at your own risk here.
If you start posting about poly or cuck dynamics you get people who aren’t poly saying that they’re submissive is ‘enough’ for them when both poly and cuck have little to do with anyone being enough and who can be bothered going over that and explaining it endlessly?
Misogyny is a funny one, subscribing to the patriarchy, being less than the male form, being a brainless woman with nothing to offer and with no rights appeals to me but the truth is that truly is fantasy because I run a home, and ultimately am a strong woman.
There’s a lot of discussion around PE and TPE. Just not explicitly.
So I guess some topics are just not often discussed, maybe because nobody can be bothered with the conflict, I can’t. Others are discussed but don’t come under neat headings.
Fortune​(sub female)
Fortune​(sub female) • Apr 27, 2022
sineater wrote:
The reason you might not see them is probably just sample size bias. this is a smaller site with a small population. On the bigger kink sites, these have several groups/discussions/tags for them each.

Also, misogyny is more of a toxic personality trait, wouldn't degradation be a better descriptor of a kink?

I wouldn’t lump them together. Big fan of degradation…but misogyny is a huge turn off.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Apr 27, 2022
Fortune wrote:
Big fan of degradation…but misogyny is a huge turn off.
Misogyny is literally contempt for, or the dislike or hatred of women. I'd be interested in hearing how any man can reconcile being a misogynist while simultaneously craving a woman to submit to him. I'm not indicating any interest in engaging such people in anything resembling a discussion, but I would lend them a minute of my time to hear them try to explain themselves. It's helpful in the sense of knowing who to steer a wide berth around at the very least. 😉
Zelia
2 years ago • Apr 28, 2022
Zelia • Apr 28, 2022
I think misogyny in any form in the lifestyle is roleplay. It’s been aligned with humiliation and degradation because of the nature of the interaction that might occur. The way the sub may be spoken to, spat on, pushed around… degraded and humiliated.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Apr 28, 2022
JustAlice wrote:
I think misogyny in any form in the lifestyle is roleplay. It’s been aligned with humiliation and degradation because of the nature of the interaction that might occur. The way the sub may be spoken to, spat on, pushed around… degraded and humiliated.
Words matter—to me, at least. A dominant humiliating (embarrassing) his submissive or discounting her human value (degradation) can be understood as role-playing. Misogyny, however, reeks of a very real contempt for, and dislike of women, and I've witnessed quite a few men trying to hide it behind BDSM role-playing.

I think we've all met men who aren't role-playing but try to hide behind it when they really *are* simply women hating misanthropes standing under the convenient umbrella of "it's my kink." That's just me though and up until this post, I had never heard the term "misogyny" being used to describe the two things I'm actually quite comfortable with—when it comes from Mr. Parker, that is. Perhaps words matter more to me than they do to most because they're literally my stock in trade—and the fact that I'm an Aspie.
Zelia
Zelia • Apr 28, 2022
No I do think you’re right, I just don’t know what we call the real disregard of women as a kink, where it does come through in role play but goes beyond degradation and humiliation.
It does exist I’ve experienced and played with it.
At the same time I’ve seen some who are simply cunts being themselves. It’s hard to explain.
Stevevo​(dom male)
Stevevo​(dom male) • Apr 28, 2022
Spellbound Wytch wrote:
JustAlice wrote:
Words matter—to me, at least. A dominant humiliating (embarrassing) his submissive or discounting her human value (degradation) can be understood as role-playing. Misogyny, however, reeks of a very real contempt for, and dislike of women, and I've witnessed quite a few men trying to hide it behind BDSM role-playing.

I think we've all met men who aren't role-playing but try to hide behind it when they really *are* simply women hating misanthropes standing under the convenient umbrella of "it's my kink." That's just me though and up until this post, I had never heard the term "misogyny" being used to describe the two things I'm actually quite comfortable with—when it comes from Mr. Parker, that is. Perhaps words matter more to me than they do to most because they're literally my stock in trade—and the fact that I'm an Aspie.

In real life, there are many types of people and beliefs just like bdsm.

There are many people in real life that are that would degrade someone just because. Then there are people that in real life that enjoy being a decent person and would never degrade someone else.

The same holds true for kinks and fetishes. Just because someone can play the part, doesn’t mean that’s their real life belief.

Some women have a misogyny fetish and they enjoy that type of man in the bedroom. Others may actually enjoy that person out of the bedroom.

From a kink perspective i think you’re having a problem disassociating the fetish from real life.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Apr 28, 2022
Stevevo wrote:
Some women have a misogyny fetish and they enjoy that type of man in the bedroom. Others may actually enjoy that person out of the bedroom. From a kink perspective i think you’re having a problem disassociating the fetish from real life.
More power to those women (and men) who *do* enjoy that "misogyny fetish" you speak of. I made the distinction in how I view humiliation/degradation vs misogyny in an earlier comment but perhaps you didn't take note of it. Please take my word for it when I say I know my own mind and am suffering no confusion at all.