Online now
Online now

Transition from a M/s relationship

Curiousmind​(sub female){Owned}
1 year ago • Jun 8, 2022

Transition from a M/s relationship

For those who have been in a M/s relationship for a significant amount of time (at least a year or more), when there have been strong bond and connection present, when both parties care for each other deeply is it possible to move to just friendship when they know/understand there are certain life circumstances that don’t allow the relationship to continue or thrive the way it is meant to be or desired to be? When the pain of limitations they face is too much to bear for either one or both parties involved?
Can a Master and a slave with time see each other as pure friends without any power exchange element attached to their relationship? Can their link as Master/slave be released when it’s still very powerful and feels like unbreakable by human effort, when a thought of staying in the relationship is equally painful as leaving the relationship …

Will be appreciative of the real life stories. Thank you in advance
House Talion​(dom male)
1 year ago • Jun 8, 2022
House Talion​(dom male) • Jun 8, 2022
My slave wife and I make such transactions frequently. Such needs to be truely understood and accepted within the dynamic informer to negate residual mental effects. Without such preparations you could result in a plethora of depressive episodes based on the mini-break-up routine which is the inability of switch between so many aspects of the dynamic that it causes depression on the break-up lvl without actual break-up.
1 year ago • Jun 8, 2022
Thank you House Talion for responding. I relate to your words: mutual support, understanding and acceptance of reality is paramount for a relationship to progress or transition to where it needs to be. Otherwise it easy to fall into a depressive mood…
Zelia
1 year ago • Jun 8, 2022
Zelia • Jun 8, 2022
I’ve been with my Master for six and a half years. I understand the depth of connection you describe, it feels impossible to cut ties.
We have, in the past, taken a short break for various reasons. These have been difficult and we have maintained contact throughout, we won’t do this again, it’s just too difficult.

There are two things I would say that help me immensely.

There are times when a dynamic will have to change for a time to adapt to life. Life isn’t a constant and although we both want to give our whole selves to our relationship we simply can not at times. We are busy, I have challenges I am navigating. Once we relaxed and realised that we were more than a dynamic, we are lovers, best friends and soul mates too, this becomes much easier. Dynamics can be fluid. It doesn’t always have to be rigid tasks, rules and protocols. There can be room to breathe.

The second thing I would say is that riding the fluidity of a dynamic that changes isn’t always easy but when you sit down and calculate the cost of potentially losing your partner it is sometimes worth it, or at least worth trying. It takes some time and adaptation of ‘how things are.’

All of that said, once you relax into it, it is exceptionally rewarding to have the dynamic you need rather than the one you strive to maintain, with difficulty.

I guess what I’m saying is that for me, I haven’t been able to do it and we have happily found a way to adapt to all life throws at us in a way that allows us to be together and happy wherever is happening around us.

My only other option would be to cut ties completely and I can’t imagine how painful this would be.

I truly hope you find a solution that works for you. It’s a heartbreaking place to be. Take care and be gentle with yourself.
    The most loved post in topic
1 year ago • Jun 8, 2022
Dear Alice,
You can’t imagine how appreciate i am of your reply! Thank you so much! There’s wisdom in your words and i will read and ponder at your words again. Many of your words have resonated with me on a deep level.
Zelia
1 year ago • Jun 8, 2022
Zelia • Jun 8, 2022
I truly hope you both find the peace you need and a way forward.
moll​(other female){owned slav}
1 year ago • Jun 9, 2022

Re: Transition from a M/s relationship

Curiousmind wrote:
For those who have been in a M/s relationship for a significant amount of time (at least a year or more), when there have been strong bond and connection present, when both parties care for each other deeply is it possible to move to just friendship when they know/understand there are certain life circumstances that don’t allow the relationship to continue or thrive the way it is meant to be or desired to be? When the pain of limitations they face is too much to bear for either one or both parties involved?
Can a Master and a slave with time see each other as pure friends without any power exchange element attached to their relationship? Can their link as Master/slave be released when it’s still very powerful and feels like unbreakable by human effort, when a thought of staying in the relationship is equally painful as leaving the relationship …

Will be appreciative of the real life stories. Thank you in advance

Absolutely...well, for my Master and I it's, yes. The true core of our relationship is that we have a lot of interests in common. We have similar interests in music, art, hanging out at the beach, Marvel and DC movies/tv shows, and a lot of other stuff. We also have a lot of interests that the other doesn't enjoy, like poker. He enjoys playing, and tried teaching me several games, but I am just not interested in learning. Plus, that's a "guys night" thing.