Online now
Online now

Switching - where does it begin?

A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
1 year ago • Jul 7, 2022

Switching - where does it begin?

I am interested in hearing people's experiences with switching from bottom to top.

How did you start to explore this new role?
What attracted you to switch?
How did you develop a more dominant role and mindset in scenes/everyday life?
What do you like about switching?
Recommendations for exploring the other side of the slash?
Curiousmind​(sub female){Owned}
1 year ago • Jul 10, 2022
Good questions Cloud…
For me personally the exploration to switching started after i became more in tune with my inner sexual, emotional and mental core. And it only happened after being in a power exchange relationship as a submissive/slave. When my Master has freed me to be my authentic me i have started discovering the new layers to my sexuality including a switch side in me.
For me it happens organically depending who i am interacting with and not necessarily sexually. Most people carry within them either a Dominant or submissive personality. For example with my Master i am organically, naturally 100% submissive/slave…I can’t imagine any other way. However, when i am interacting with others i sense their energy deeply and if i sense their submissiveness i naturally take on a dominant role. Even in the intimate setting i imagine myself tying them up, biting their skin, using a flogger, making them feel helpless under my power and that arouses me. I don’t necessarily act on it as a dominant side is not prevalent in me and i am the happiest when i submit. Also, it’s not sufficient for me to feel a submissive energy in another person, and it’s not enough even if they are keen for me to dominate them. If i feel or discover early on that for them it’s just a play thing, something they need to satisfy craving now and then…that’s not for me. I lose interest very quickly. As in a M/s relationship being a slave, i crave the same intensity of soul connection and undeniable bond. Otherwise a dynamic doesn’t hold value to me and i retreat.

That’s exciting you are discovering the new layers to your sexuality Cloud 🦋…May your journey bring new revelations and fulfilment to your soul!
    The most loved post in topic
DrWakko
1 year ago • Jul 10, 2022
DrWakko • Jul 10, 2022
I think you need to define what a switch is for you. Since you can be anything on the left and right side of the slash. Advice changes if you are a Top/bottom to Dom/bottom to Dom/sub to Top/sub. I know some switches who even identify as sub to (gender), but Dom to (gender).

This isn’t like a test in school where all answers are final. While you are exploring it’s ok to start one way and end up with completely different answer.

DW