Online now
Online now

Sub drop without a scene?

jaders
1 year ago • Nov 13, 2022

Sub drop without a scene?

jaders • Nov 13, 2022
I just wanted to ask everyone and get your input, stores, etc on Sub Drop. More specifically, do you all think it’s possible to experience sub drop without being in a scene. I’ve heard subs say that they have experienced a drop without a scene but those have also included sexual encounters. Do you all think this could be a thing without even having sex in the first place? I put more details in my particular case on my blog but just wanted to discuss with the overall community as well.
Estaria​(sub female)
1 year ago • Nov 13, 2022
Estaria​(sub female) • Nov 13, 2022
I suppose maybe it depends how you would define 'sub drop'. I'm thinking some people would say the term sub drop only refers to a drop when you're done with a play session/scene/whatever you want to call it. Maybe some people would think if it's outside of that it's just a drop in hormones from a highly happy place. If that makes sense?

I've never really thought about sub drop, as I'm not in a dynamic yet...but I know I had a particularly horrible experience recently. I had been talking to a dom for weeks and we got along so well, I was on cloud nine honestly. I was the happiest I could remember in a long time and some things happened that caused me to step away from the friendship that wasn't really just a friendship and I was fine the day of...everything was pretty normal other than me being a bit sad I wouldn't be talking to him again. Then, I woke up the next morning and wow....that was just an awful experience. I don't remember ever feeling so hopeless and just completely and utterly exhausted and confused. I was only trying to start my morning and I just stood in the middle of the kitchen in tears, trying to figure out why I couldn't find a mug. I have never felt like that in my entire life. I was actually scared because it was so new to anything I'd felt before. I eventually calmed myself down and kinda figured maybe I was experiencing sub drop. No scene, no sexual anything involved....so I'm not sure if you'd call it that. I just know I would prefer not to go through that again, once was enough.

A drop is just your hormone levels coming down from having those highs, so I would say it just depends on your definition of the term. Sorry you had to go through that, I can now say I know what it feels like and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. ❤

Great questions btw, I'm also curious about this...
    The most loved post in topic