Online now
Online now

Approach to finding relationship

Curious Creature​(sub female)
1 year ago • Feb 17, 2023
My views on love and relationships have changed over the years with experience. Things that used to be important to me are no longer and things I’ve never considered before now are.

When I was younger I certainly craved the fairytale love story. As I got older I realized how unrealistic that truly is.

Growing up I was taught find a husband, get married, and have children. That was the main goal in life and if you did that you were considered successful. (There were other things too like a job, but to keep it relevant I will stick to the relationship part of it).

What I look for now is compatibility, but I also need chemistry present. Once you combine those I think it’s a recipe for a long and fruitful relationship.

As far as people’s profiles go…I think the way they present their profile is a great indicator of what kind of person they are. To me it makes it easier to weed through people I feel would not be compatible.

All in all I think only experience is what teaches us what we truly want and do not want. Some relationships we have with people are amazing in their entirety, however they don’t last long, but they teach us so much about ourselves. That’s what life is all about right? Making connections and discovering who we are as individuals.

Awesome post. I really enjoy your thought provoking forums! : )

-CC