Online now
Online now

Is addressing HER as Mistress Really Respectful ?

gramm​(sub male)
11 months ago • May 29, 2023
gramm​(sub male) • May 29, 2023
In my experience, for what it is worth, most dominant ladies will normally make the commanding statement to their new male slaves
You will now always address me as Mistress etc,
Lady
Your Majesty
And failure to do will result in very severe punishment.
Personally if I am not given instructions as to the correct title I will address the strict lady as beautiful Goddess, which always seems to go down well
MstressWhipplash​(dom female)
10 months ago • Jun 23, 2023
Mutual consent in place makes it yes. So ask the person you are in a relationship with.

My owned live in Property refers to me as "My Owner" which I like.

Others who have been mine ASKED me what they should call me and until I answered, referred to me by my scene name Mistress Whipplash.
Onlinedomguy​(dom male)
10 months ago • Jun 23, 2023
Onlinedomguy​(dom male) • Jun 23, 2023
Would not spend too much time worried about this. She will let you know or if she doesn't, just ask. She is Domme, so she will tell you exactly what she wants and expects from you in many areas, including how to address her.
wonderfulsub
2 months ago • Feb 22, 2024

Re: Is addressing HER as Mistress Really Respectful ?

wonderfulsub • Feb 22, 2024
ToyForMastressesJoy wrote:
Hi All !
Im quite new to this scene , so Im just feeling My way around atm...
This is something that Ive been wondering about for a while now :

Is addressing HER as Mistress Really Properly Respectful ?
I ask , because a "Mistress" in the Vanilla understanding of the term
Is some1 that a Married Man would have on the side , as his Side-Chick
So , when Some1 would ask a Person who is Submissive "Who is that ?" (referring to the Subs Owner)
Simply responding with "Oh , thats My Mistress" will give them the wrong impression of the Dominant + of the relationship between them
This might lead to the Dominant not being afforded the right amount of respect from the Subs friends

Im of the opinion , For what its worth (which is very little , as Im more inclined to be Submissive)
And a Very Dominant Woman might not allow HER Sub to voice their Opinion (levels of Control + what not...)
That Referring to HER as my Mastress is more Respectful + clearly defines who is in Control + who Obeys .
IMHO this term seems to acknowledge HER Supremacy a lot better than Mistress does

Any thoughts ?
wonderfulsub
Honestly, I am of the same thought regarding being respectful.
In the past, I have requested a chance to express my feelings from, her, the female dominant. When she allowed to express myself, I start off by acknowledgement of her choice title and request to address her as my Goddess, my Lady, my Queen, or see if she would have a different manner to address her to others in public and during our time. However, after explaining the term Mistress from historical accounts, she usually selects one of the three titles mentioned. Many times I have been thanked for expressing my feelings in a respectful manner.
It is the duty if a slave/servant to ensure that the Goddess, Lady, or Queen is respected by all subordinates and by her peers in public and private settings. Of course, each situation is different and she needs to give permission for you to stand up for her and defend her properly in all settings.
However in the end it is her choice on how she is to be addressed.
Varangian​(dom male)
Varangian​(dom male) • Feb 22, 2024
I'mME wrote:
Hi,

*Im of the opinion , For what its worth (which is very little , as Im more inclined to be Submissive)*

What do you mean by this statement ? Subs opinions are worth less because they consider themselves submissive?

I think he is referring to himself and not making a broad generalization.
wonderfulsub
Well
It would appear that a sub holds little value to you. The ones I serve hold me in great esteem, as I do them. You must be thinking of a slave that is in chains without a tongue. Glad this is an open forum so I respond respectfully to someone trying to dress me down for my expression.
aradialspire​(dom femme)
aradialspire​(dom femme) • Feb 22, 2024
wonderfulsub wrote:
Well
It would appear that a sub holds little value to you. The ones I serve hold me in great esteem, as I do them. You must be thinking of a slave that is in chains without a tongue. Glad this is an open forum so I respond respectfully to someone trying to dress me down for my expression.

You should hit the quote button when you respond to someone; that way, people know who your posts are in response to in this thread.
Lady Kat​(dom female)
2 months ago • Feb 23, 2024
Lady Kat​(dom female) • Feb 23, 2024
As a dominant Lady my preference is simply to be asked. Depending on the relationship and the situation I generally don’t mind the term. But I do mind a submissive jumping in with some notion of what to call me without requesting my opinion.