Online now
Online now

Self Care

EpicParker​(sub female)
10 months ago • Jun 21, 2023

Self Care

EpicParker​(sub female) • Jun 21, 2023
Is self care important to you? Do you practice it in your dynamic? What are some ways you practice it? I do weekly self care. It involves a number of things like shopping, making myself my favorite meal, taking a nice long shower, giving myself sexual pleasure, taking extra naps, going for a beach walk alone, etc.
    The most loved post in topic
FearlessBrat​(sub female){H.PL.}
10 months ago • Jun 24, 2023
Everyone needs a little "me time" regardless whether you are sub or a Dom, female/male. Whether you are in a dynamic or vanilla relationship.. simple as many people as many options out there everyone needs to do self-care. Otherwise, we tend to burn out faster which might lead to physical, mental and/or emotional issues.
In my case, which is a sub, a brat, a little and an empath. Each needs a certain way of reacting the world and find their own balance.
The sub- shopping, medi,pedi, massage, workout/speedwalking, yummy bubble bathtimes and reading/ watching a classic.
The brat- well the internet and cyber world is her outlet. Let's leave it at that.
The little- it would be coloring, watching cartoons. Wearing comfy clothing and taking long naps. Let's do not forget satisfying her sweet tooth.
The empath- it requires to shut out the world. No electronics. Spending time cooking and baking. Trying new recipes or indulging in my other passions.
Salath​(dom male)
9 months ago • Jul 4, 2023
Salath​(dom male) • Jul 4, 2023
I play games. I do things. But if I make it "just" about me then what example is that? To be selfish and think of myself alone?

Everyone's got an excuse for it don't they? "Me me me". Why is it rarely "What about you?" Probably because all people do is think of themselves.

Think about it. So many people are going "my one true way" and "follow my rules or else". Is it possible people thinking of themselves like this are enabling and encouraging such habits?

So people have these good intentions, right? Except that backfires. Consent is not "the answer". It's honestly destroying people. Now choice? Can't fault that can you? Why aren't people going "What do you want to do" more? Who presents the options? Who's giving the choice instead of going "It has to be my way"?

I didn't get it at first. A decade ago, when I was thinking of myself, I didn't get it. Then I faced someone that hated me. We played games. Solved puzzles. Without a word. No stupid "Forced agreements". No obligations or entitlement. Just games and puzzles. Without the lies and brainwashing. It changed my entire life around for the better. I was getting result after result after that. Question people more. Challenge people more. Always do it. Because now is the time. Now is the moment.

I learned love that day. I learned to love hate. I stopped living as a coward. I always speak my mind. I have no regrets. No fear or anger. No shame. It's great. It's wonderful. It's the ideals themselves.

You'll learn more about yourself by dealing with difficult people. It might sound strange, but it's true.

Know thyself.
Know thy enemy.

Why would I ever want to be alone? Love everyone. Just don't let people get away with hypocrisy. Most people will try. That's fine. Now it's second nature to fight and make a stand. It always ends up working out. I'm not worried. I never tire. It's easy for me now. Even right now I'm slowly getting through to the most stubborn self absorbed people in messages.

I'm the kind of person that will, quite literary, spend days, weeks and hours communicating. With you. Not because you're worth it. Not because of sympathy. Not because of pride. Not because of obligations.

Because of honesty. Because of love. Because everyone has an opinion. Because of flaws.

Just got to stop fighting yourself. That's all. All that time of "me" when it can be about observing, learning and teaching instead. I enjoy it. And when things get volatile? That's where I shine. That's where the intimacy and love happens the most.

Why aren't you doing more of this?
EpicParker​(sub female)
EpicParker​(sub female) • Jul 4, 2023
Salath wrote:
I play games. I do things. But if I make it "just" about me then what example is that? To be selfish and think of myself alone?

Everyone's got an excuse for it don't they? "Me me me". Why is it rarely "What about you?" Probably because all people do is think of themselves.

Think about it. So many people are going "my one true way" and "follow my rules or else". Is it possible people thinking of themselves like this are enabling and encouraging such habits?

So people have these good intentions, right? Except that backfires. Consent is not "the answer". It's honestly destroying people. Now choice? Can't fault that can you? Why aren't people going "What do you want to do" more? Who presents the options? Who's giving the choice instead of going "It has to be my way"?

I didn't get it at first. A decade ago, when I was thinking of myself, I didn't get it. Then I faced someone that hated me. We played games. Solved puzzles. Without a word. No stupid "Forced agreements". No obligations or entitlement. Just games and puzzles. Without the lies and brainwashing. It changed my entire life around for the better. I was getting result after result after that. Question people more. Challenge people more. Always do it. Because now is the time. Now is the moment.

I learned love that day. I learned to love hate. I stopped living as a coward. I always speak my mind. I have no regrets. No fear or anger. No shame. It's great. It's wonderful. It's the ideals themselves.

You'll learn more about yourself by dealing with difficult people. It might sound strange, but it's true.

Know thyself.
Know thy enemy.

Why would I ever want to be alone? Love everyone. Just don't let people get away with hypocrisy. Most people will try. That's fine. Now it's second nature to fight and make a stand. It always ends up working out. I'm not worried. I never tire. It's easy for me now. Even right now I'm slowly getting through to the most stubborn self absorbed people in messages.

I'm the kind of person that will, quite literary, spend days, weeks and hours communicating. With you. Not because you're worth it. Not because of sympathy. Not because of pride. Not because of obligations.

Because of honesty. Because of love. Because everyone has an opinion. Because of flaws.

Just got to stop fighting yourself. That's all. All that time of "me" when it can be about observing, learning and teaching instead. I enjoy it. And when things get volatile? That's where I shine. That's where the intimacy and love happens the most.

Why aren't you doing more of this?

You have missed the entire point of the post. The post is about self-care. It’s important to take care of yourself and your well-being. There isn’t anything wrong with putting yourself first from time to time.
Salath​(dom male)
Have you missed the point instead?

What if thinking of yourself and being selidsh isn't self care? What if it's self desttruction from ignorance?

What if people tried to get you to think of yourself more by going "Think of yourself" when you misunderstood their meaning?

How do you know?

How can you compare your experience to that of someone that keeps communciating more?

I get your point. But do you get mine?
EpicParker​(sub female)
Salath wrote:

What if thinking of yourself and being selidsh isn't self care? What if it's self desttruction from ignorance?

What if people tried to get you to think of yourself more by going "Think of yourself" when you misunderstood their meaning?

How do you know?

How can you compare your experience to that of someone that keeps communciating more?

No, because your point makes absolutely no sense.
Salath​(dom male)
EpicParker wrote:
Salath wrote:

How do you know?

Have you considered that's because you're not answering the questions or triyng to do feedback?

Maybe that's why people get selfish. Because all they do is go "Accuse and don't ask". You're only proving my theory about how people thinking of themselves don't do that.

I can not make my points if you don't ask or try to get feedback. You will remain confused if you don't do that.
EpicParker​(sub female)
Salath wrote:
EpicParker wrote:
Salath wrote:

How do you know?

Have you considered that's because you're not answering the questions or triyng to do feedback?

Maybe that's why people get selfish. Because all they do is go "Accuse and don't ask". You're only proving my theory about how people thinking of themselves don't do that.

I can not make my points if you don't ask or try to get feedback. You will remain confused if you don't do that.

No. I am not confused. You just aren’t making any logical sense. Do you even know what self-care is? It’s not selfish. Judging by your responses, you don’t.
aPeepingMom​(sub female)
aPeepingMom​(sub female) • Jul 4, 2023
Salath wrote:

Dude, self-care is not being selfish. The OP didn’t ask “what do you do to be selfish and put yourself before others?” They asked “what do you do to take care of yourself?” Big fucking difference, so stop trying to pick a fight.

As for what I do for self care, I get a monthly mani/pedi and the occasional massage. It makes me feel good. And when I feel good about myself, it’s a lot easier to make the people around me happy.

Today, I treated myself to a two-hour massage with hot stones and CBD oil, followed by a clarifying facial. Then some ice cream. I was all about the self care today! 😉