Online now
Online now

Self Care

Salath​(dom male)
9 months ago • Jul 4, 2023
Salath​(dom male) • Jul 4, 2023
1: An open mind considers the possability.
2: I know pshycoplogy and talk to therapists without paying them.
3: Desperation for fun and happiness is one of the main causes for depression and suicide.

Question: What if you're wrong?

I am fighting. I am making a stand my ideals. It could be your sanity. But hey, what do I know? It's not like I have a decade of experience with observation, right?

Well, if you're so sure you'll be fine I can just head towards the exist door. Slowly. Giving you the opportunity to call me back. All it takes is doing straight answers and making it about answers and questions. But if you want to pretend you know better when you can't even stick to the facts...
EpicParker​(sub female)
EpicParker​(sub female) • Jul 4, 2023
Salath wrote:
1: An open mind considers the possability.
2: I know pshycoplogy and talk to therapists without paying them.
3: Desperation for fun and happiness is one of the main causes for depression and suicide.

Question: What if you're wrong?

I am fighting. I am making a stand my ideals. It could be your sanity. But hey, what do I know? It's not like I have a decade of experience with observation, right?

Well, if you're so sure you'll be fine I can just head towards the exist door. Slowly. Giving you the opportunity to call me back. All it takes is doing straight answers and making it about answers and questions. But if you want to pretend you know better when you can't even stick to the facts...

Either you’re mentally ill and untreated or you’re on drugs. Either way, it’s clear you cannot have a comprehensive conversation. Your attempt at gaslighting and psychological manipulation is poor. This conversation is over.
Salath​(dom male)
My mental health is fine. It is you that self projects on me.

You didn't answer any of my questions. You are not doing questions and answers.

Answers are sanity. That is not a metaphor.

I also don't do drugs. You are telling me things that are not true. So what else are you wrong about, hmm?

It's not over. Another statement that was not true.
Miki
Miki • Jul 4, 2023
Verbose, isn't he?

----------------------------------------------

Self care.. Take a break from the mundane and the contrived. Treat yourself to a change of pace once in a while. Try something you have not done before, or for a while..

Nothing selfish about taking care of oneself. After all, we're the only ones living in our bodies, in our own space.

In so doing we're taking care of those around us because failing that, we become miserable, or give off a negative vibe and that can bring the whole house down.

---------------------------------------------

And in the context of relationships and dynamics.... I participate in neither. That's what works for me.
After all, at times one has to take the time for self care because no one else will because unless someone's a mind reader, none can really know what we as individuals need, even if we tell them.

Such is my take on this. I could be on the mark, or out of the park. If anyone cares to share I am open to different opinions and (hopefully) constructive criticism.

M
Salath​(dom male)
You people are making excuses to avoid making it about straight answers.

Answers are sanity. That's not a metaphor. every single one was dodged and avoided.

Stop clinging to your expectations. What's the truth here when you avoid it?

Epicarker is showing all the signs of not only selifhsinsess, but intolerance and cowardness too. This is known as conflict avoidance, Which only ensures suffering. It's called denial for a reason. I see danger. You are in danger. This is a warning. Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

I aslo add that people that ignore my warnings have mental breakdowns. Those that do questions and answers are fine. If you don't give a shit about accountability, then sure, you can be an evasive coward. Or you can make it about the truth instead. When you avoid answering to it. Only a coward avoids.

And I can be Mika. I get best results without a word. Can't really do that without roleplay or interacting somehow though.
Miki
Miki • Jul 4, 2023
It's Miki not Mika but a rose by any other name still hath thorns.

I'm not going to let myself get punchy. Not in here.

Mental illness, from depression on up is not something to be discussed lightly or by those who don't have extensive training and experience-- and not without being invited to do so.

As for your love of the written word, to clarify, walls of text and I don't mix well.

Makes me more cross-eyed than I already am, then I get dizzy, my stomach starts gurgling, and depending on what I ate I feel the immediate need to run off and hurl. You know, the Reverse Snack; The Technicolor Yawn.. ---That pizza so greasy that I just had to taste it all over again.

This thread started off with a basic premise, seeking input from others without having to lie on a couch. I just wanted it to stay that way.

I am not hiding from anything other than a mirror since I just rolled out of bed from a needed nap and my hair looks like hell. Anyway, Epic asked a simple question. Your very first words were spot on.. Play games-- do something you enjoy but don't do often enough. A break. Everyone needs one and it's a facet of what is called Self Care. Other areas include eating healthy, taking a walk now and then. Things like that. Otherwise tensions rise, body processes get thrown off and we all get just a little batty.

M
Salath​(dom male)
My mistake on the name. Corrected.

If you don't throw punches then you get walked over and abused. I do want people to make a stand and defend themselves, but so I will. Why should any of us stand for ignorance and incorrect assumptions from stupidity?

I asked. Others ignored. Can't trust stupid.

I do not speak lightly Miki. I know what I'm talking about. Your hurt feelings aren't an excuse any more then mine is. Or EpicParker's. etc. Hurt feelings and pride is a sign to self reflect. Because it's not "someone else". It's a "you problem".

Straight answers cut out a lot of the bullshit. An irrational fear of obligations doesn't change honesty and reality. Either know it or live a lie. I know denial when I see it. I know when I'm being bullshitted. I know when people are being close minded and don't consider they can be wrong.

Again, what if people are wrong when all they do is look for someone to blame?

Let's be honest. Do you even want to know the truth? People do choose to be stupid.
Miki
Miki • Jul 4, 2023
Punchy, I mean not in here. Meaning to be a constructive member of this community and not assign unwelcome monikers and so forth.

As for certainmental health issues, I am quite familiar and well versed also and I choose not to discuss it with anyone but a head-shrinker.

My feelings aren't hurt.. They cannot be hurt. I mentioned earlier that I don't do relationships. It is because I lack the ability to demonstrate emotion... Not the finer ones anyway. I can laugh my ass off or get pissed with the best of them but my feelings have not been hurt because I don't take things or people too seriously, or their thoughts and words personally.

But that's neither here nor there and way the hell off topic.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to hit the pause button, Salath.. For now. Not because I want to shut you out or imply that you should go pound sand.

Something a bit more basic: I got out of bed to take a piss and then felt the need to come in here.

I usually work 6 or 7 nights a week so I am not oft found here this time of night. At any rate unless this thread goes any further south and the admins lock it --- I will "hear" what you have to say in the not too distant future.

But for now I want to go back to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Just relax, be yourself, but don't be so critical of people... Their thoughts and opinions are just as valuable as yours or mine.

M
Salath​(dom male)
Miki, stop trying to be a sheep and make a stand for your ideals. You're the only one here showing any use of a brain. Well done for showing you can do corrections btw.

If you don't disuss it with others Miki then you are not communicating about it. That's lack of communicaiton. I have noticed a pattern. That people that don't talk about it suffer more for it. If you really care about mental health so much then talk more about it.

I always talk about it. Because everyones mental health matters. So what does that tell you?

Considering emotions can blind, there can be some positives to not feeling Miki. That said do try to talk about hard topics more. For your own health.

I'm more stating things more objectively. Then to anyone specific. It's about communication. Period. No excuses. Lack of communication always ensures suffering. I can garuntee this.

Why don't people talk about stability, sanity and choice more? That's what I want to know. Probably because people aren't talking more about it. Ever considered that?
Miki
Miki • Jul 4, 2023
About to sign off. Unfortunately we've taken this too far off topic and the risk exists of them locking this.

Just easy on the analysis please. I'm an exceedingly complex woman with the added joy of being highly difficult to communicate with outside of texts and white boards.

If you feel the need to expound further (but not too much, I am often curt in "conversations" , but wish to avoid giving off the impression of apathy. ) jst inbox me.

----------------------------------------

For now, just give it a rest and let others put in their thoughts while the thread is still open. They can be quick with the hook if a thread runs too far off the rails.