Online now
Online now

A call to: Alpha Female Subs

Bunnie
8 months ago • Aug 29, 2023
Bunnie • Aug 29, 2023
Self-proclaimed “Alpha” (as opposed to hierarchical poly household structures), through what I’ve observed over the years, seems to translate as “will only submit when it suits me.”

Once upon a time the term (and the observed concept) quite irked me. Nowadays I’m not so harsh in my judgments of what we’re each capable of giving and receiving at each point in our lives. Handing over control is hard and scary, and sometimes we can only start with a toe dipped in. Start wherever you need to. Use whatever labels feel comfortable. Just don’t get stuck trying to be a label because it’s seems cool. Be curious and allow yourself to grow, you never know where the journey might take you icon_smile.gif
Valore
8 months ago • Aug 29, 2023
Valore • Aug 29, 2023
As a Switch, I find that the Alpha Submissive title seems similar to how 2 sides of myself interact in the vanilla world and non.
Before discovering the lifestyle... my Dominant side would protect my submissive side and parade around confidently, while my sub could stay safe and secure until time alone to be in my own world.

I have a quote on one of my social medias that says: I am the authority, or I will delegate the authority I follow.

For me... I determined if I was a switch or just a sub with dom qualities... or if I was a dom with sub qualities... by asking myself if what I was interested in could be its own dynamic. like... If I could create a fully functioning dynamic off of that sub part of me.... the physical mental emotional etc and vice versa.
Did I want to be the dom and have the responsibilities, etc... or did i not and only want to be sub and never be called the dom etc etc etccccc...
Difficult to word it correctly, but if I were to advise... I'd say that using a similar method to determind the ins and outs of this Alpha Submissive title.. might help you to discover it in a brighter light and have it be less blurry.

Like many titles... it can be very flexible according to how it suits the person and in essence... all titles are something derived from the creativity and need in the situation for the cause.
Less rigidity in the thought process behind whats right and wrong...
and more flexibility in the thinking of where it falls into place or if it even does for you. Does it seem appropriate? thats perspective.
No 2 people can see an object the exact same way... Similar concept in my opinion.

again... this is my take on things.

---side note:
I met a Sub in the community that has been part of the lifestyle and community actively for over 20 years... She described herself as "not like most subs" this title would fit her in my opinion. She still only wishes to be a sub, but has alpha qualities. She rules the roost except when her dom says otherwise. It's part of their established and long lasting dynamic and marriage. It works for them. ---thought I'd add this little tid bit.