Online now
Online now

Life Hacks

Miki
2 months ago • Feb 18, 2024
Miki • Feb 18, 2024
For those who like Keurig machines--- this may be well known but I have not seen the observation here or elsewhere.. They can be used twice, and with the stronger brews like French Roast--- a half cup after that.

The first cup off a French Roast K cup is strong enough to put hair on my chest, the second just right, and the third might be a bit weak fr some but is acceptable to me.

------------------------------------------------

Although I have an older Keurig at home, a gift, I prefer to brew a regular pot of coffee and put it in a big Thermos --- Leaving the pot on the hotplate too long and it might as well be piss.

------------------------------------------------

But when in a hurry I'll use the machine-- it was a gift after all. That's where I get no less than 2 decent cups out of a single K Cup.
1crazygirl​(sub female)
2 months ago • Feb 20, 2024
1crazygirl​(sub female) • Feb 20, 2024
To clean burnt on foods from pots and pans I have found OVEN CLEANER works well.

Spray burned item with oven cleaner let sit for at least 1 hour to overnight depending upon the burned area or stuck foods on items. Then clean as usual if burned or stuck doesn't come off repeat oven cleaner step. Once clean make sure to rinse well.
Miki
2 months ago • Feb 21, 2024
Miki • Feb 21, 2024
1crazygirl wrote:
To clean burnt on foods from pots and pans I have found OVEN CLEANER works well.

Spray burned item with oven cleaner let sit for at least 1 hour to overnight depending upon the burned area or stuck foods on items. Then clean as usual if burned or stuck doesn't come off repeat oven cleaner step. Once clean make sure to rinse well.

CAVEAT. I have known this for some time but I checked online before writing this. Some pots and pans are aluminum. Any oven cleaners containing sodium hydroxide should not be used on aluminum as the chemical reacts with the metal and will cause etching, pitting, and marking.
1crazygirl​(sub female)
2 months ago • Feb 22, 2024
1crazygirl​(sub female) • Feb 22, 2024
Hair Conditioner works well in shower or bath to help with razor shaving. It provides a nice lubrication and makes the hair pliable for shaving.
Apply HAIR CONDITIONER to parts of skin that you want to shave hair. Do a skin test first. Test your skin with the conditioner apply small amount for a few minutes then rinse. If all is ok proceed. Apply conditioner to area to shave...shave using NON ELECTRICAL RAZOR then rinse razor well. Continue to shave rinse and reapply if necessary more conditioner.
Please make sure to rinse with water thoroughly when done all skin parts.
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
2 months ago • Feb 22, 2024
1crazygirl wrote:
Hair Conditioner works well in shower or bath to help with razor shaving. It provides a nice lubrication and makes the hair pliable for shaving.
Apply HAIR CONDITIONER to parts of skin that you want to shave hair. Do a skin test first. Test your skin with the conditioner apply small amount for a few minutes then rinse. If all is ok proceed. Apply conditioner to area to shave...shave using NON ELECTRICAL RAZOR then rinse razor well. Continue to shave rinse and reapply if necessary more conditioner.
Please make sure to rinse with water thoroughly when done all skin parts.

I had a friend and he swore conditioner was the best lube ever in the shower haha
stairwaytoheaven​(dom male)
2 months ago • Feb 24, 2024
I have three,
1. Use a muffin tin to serve condiments at a bbq... 2. Tape a dryer sheet to your air conditioning vent (or cold air vent) to freshen your room (save on febreeze.) 3. Freeze white grapes to keep your wine chilled without watering it down.
1crazygirl​(sub female)
2 months ago • Feb 26, 2024
1crazygirl​(sub female) • Feb 26, 2024
Use fruity popsicles in place of or with ice cubes in drinks to keep extra cool and add fun. The popsicle floating in an adult or non adult drink with the stick attached makes for a great stirrer:)icon_wink.gificon_smile.gificon_wink.gif!!! I like using the popsicles that actually have frozen fruit in them. I also add a bit of ground ginger to a lot of my fruity type of drinks.
1crazygirl​(sub female)
1 month ago • Mar 18, 2024
1crazygirl​(sub female) • Mar 18, 2024
Easy way to bag up leftovers. Place opened zip type bag in a mug with the bag completely inserted into the mug. Bottom of bag at bottom of mug opened sides fold over outside of mug. Pour/place cooled down leftovers in bagged mug almost to top. Zip up baggie while still inside mug...it will put up a bit of a fight...may have to pull baggie up some. Then once closed pull out bagged up leftovers all the way...and you will find its sealed completely with no air:)icon_wink.gificon_smile.gificon_wink.gif!!!
bdsamworld
1 month ago • Mar 18, 2024
bdsamworld • Mar 18, 2024
1crazygirl wrote:

If they're stainless steel pans you can use bar keepers friend. I had a fire in one of my pans. I was able to restore it with bar keepers friend. You can also use baking soda, make a paste and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes. (Or longer if you have ADHD like me 😬🤦🏼‍♀️). It might take a few times to get the bits off.