Online now

Where to go to learn

MasterBear​(other butch)
4 years ago • Feb 27, 2020

Where to go to learn

MasterBear​(other butch) • Feb 27, 2020
Hello All!!

I see this question posted a lot.
People that do not have something already organized in their area, are new, can't afford to go to events, or are experiencing and looking to learn a new skill. Here are some ways to keep yourself knowledgeable
without breaking the bank.

1) dont have a munch in your area? Start one!
You will need a meeting place and a consistent time and date. Advertise on sites like thecage, Instagram and/or fet.

2) use Skype or face time for classes. Going on Instagram there are so many skilled folks who would be happy to Skype lessons right into your living room!

3) get together a couple of people wanting to learn and either YouTube or get a book and go through it together. Make it a Potlick!

4) if there is someone with a skill you want to learn ask them over to teach. It could be a one on one or a gathering.

5) use GOOGLE . It seriously is your best friend.
Your area and BDSM. A skill. A teacher. It's all there.

6) many people teach for free. It cant hurt to ask. Providing dinner always helps!

7) dont worry if your space is small or you have room mates. I learned singletail in my 600 sq foot apartment. Think about ways of using your room outside the box- EVEN if it's just your bedroom.

icon_cool.gif reach out to other organizers. If you are wanting advice reach out online asking questions. So many
People are willing to share thier knowledge.

9) keep your eyes on the prize- what do you want to learn? How can you make that happen?
    The most loved post in topic
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Feb 27, 2020
Because we are poor Potlick is essential.

Everyone comes everyone contributes.

And it takes the pressure off of the host.
Roisin​(sub female)
Roisin​(sub female) • Feb 27, 2020
Look up your local BDSM dungeons. Some are well known, some not so much so it may take some digging or ask on here for the local ones. Some are educational with free classes and DMs that are willing to monitor, teach and do Demos on all kinds of plays.the classes are free as are the demos. And you can email them for more information on the local events at least is true for the One in the Orlando area, The Orlando Woodshed there is also one in Tampa area Phoenix but its smaller. Those are some in central Florida.
Meg​(dom female){NotLooking}
4 years ago • Feb 28, 2020
MasterBear wrote:
Because we are poor Potlick is essential.

Everyone comes everyone contributes.

And it takes the pressure off of the host.

I think the comment about potlicks was at the amusing notion of a group of people licking pots brought about by the "potlick" typo, as opposed to the concept of a potluck dinner in and of itself.

I've learned all I know from Google and talking to people. It's not like science or English in that there is no regulated, formal training available.

BDSM also relies heavily on intuition, creativity, open-mindedness, and introspection, and you can't really teach those things. You have to cultivate these things in yourself before technical education will be if use to you. You can have every technical skill under the sun mastered, but if you don't know how to put them to use in a way that will be pleasurable to yourself and/or your partner, then what's the point?