Online now
Online now

BDSM Myths

MasterBear​(other butch)
5 years ago • Feb 17, 2019

BDSM Myths

MasterBear​(other butch) • Feb 17, 2019
Hello All!!!

I writing my next article for yourkinkyfriends.com and I've decided to write about the myths of power exchange. (One of my favorite toplcs.)

So I thought it would be neat here to see what myths ppl on the cage have run into.

Here are some that I ran into:

Newer D types are expected to be subservient to older, more experienced D types.

D types can control emotional outcome

s types cant run events
ropefish
ropefish • Feb 17, 2019
Wow, great topic!!!

s types have to be submissive to/act a certain way towards every D type.

s types shouldn't be respected by their D type.
Loulou​(sub female)
Loulou​(sub female) • Feb 17, 2019
I don’t know if it is a myth but I thought I could not say no to an order . However I have learnt since I can .
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 17, 2019
Loulou said

'I don’t know if it is a myth but I thought I could not say no to an order . However I have learnt since I can .'

That is One of the most dangerous myths, lies, that a sub, or slave, or bottom can't say no, call red, reverse consent, walk away. Anyone can at any time do that, and no one has any right, cultural, moral, or legal (yes some scum bags will tell you a BDSM contact is legal. No its not) In regards to subs, bottoms, slaves (yes I include them) they are always ultimately in charge and can reverse their consent. If anyone tells you otherwise run, don't, repeat don't get involved with these types, do not believe them.

They are liars, manipulators and seek to prey on the new, ignorrant, or simply desperate, to get their own way and why would they want that? Why would anyone want to hide knowledge, or lie about this? To say a sub, bottom, slave can't ever say no. Simple answer to rob the right of withdrawl of consent, to abuse under the guise that its ok to not say no, that is what BDSM is, what its about. No it is not. Do not fall victim to these people. I say people because they can be doms, masters, daddys, tops, kinksters, fetishists, heck even those that do dollification, anyone. They can be male, female, trans, or other. Here is the other side of the coin, not only can a sub, slave, bottom, kinkster reverse consent, say no, but a top, dom, master, kinkster, fetishist can also say no, reverse consent. Consent can be withdrawn by anyone, at any time, and that is always the case.

The bottom line is anyone, on any side of the slash, or not, who says that consent can not be reversed is a lying, abusing, consent violating scum bag. Don't ever accept that lie, kind of treatment, ever.
    The most loved post in topic
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
That BDSM is all black leather and whips. That seems to be what all my vanilla friends think.

That most people who are into BDSM have been sexually or physically abused.

That all people who participate in BDSM enjoy either giving or receiving pain.