Online now
Online now

D/S relationship in public places

shahh
5 years ago • Feb 22, 2019
shahh • Feb 22, 2019
@ MasterBear

Sadly, it does offend many... far too many in my opinion. Being able to openly express love, devotion, care, affection etc is a human right. If that involves collars and kneeling and other facets of the kink realm I am all for it....regardless of the comfort level I personally have with it. The inner strength needed and then the amazing feeling of freedom and being your true self far outweighs the painful smack of the beer bottle thrown at you (umm....let's call that hypothetical....sure...why not).
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
shahh wrote:
@ MasterBear

Sadly, it does offend many... far too many in my opinion. Being able to openly express love, devotion, care, affection etc is a human right. If that involves collars and kneeling and other facets of the kink realm I am all for it....regardless of the comfort level I personally have with it. The inner strength needed and then the amazing feeling of freedom and being your true self far outweighs the painful smack of the beer bottle thrown at you (umm....let's call that hypothetical....sure...why not).

Amen. I think MB comes at it from the nitty gritty of community organization. Not just 'what is fetish wear?' 'Is play endorsed here?'. Beer bottles not hypothetical, gotta get cleaned up, and management demands to know who's throwing them.
Livetoplease​(sub male){Available}
If I am fortunate enough to have a Dom, then my behavior would be discussed before going into public or meeting with other people. Usually I walk behind them and stay there until otherwise instructed. As a single sub, I just remember to mind my manners.
sub4ALPHADOM​(sub male)
sub4ALPHADOM​(sub male) • Feb 22, 2019
a small taken, round neck - nothing to tie up the Qiueen Mary a notril ring is hot In Dennys but not in the Four Seasons. Yhe bedt is the small package from Dom secreets into the resturant and releasesas on the plate - deal with that sucker. i
Miki
Miki • Feb 22, 2019
In reading all these posts I concur with "limits". Just because it's the latest and greatest politically-charged bullshit to balk at "offending people" there is also such a thing as good taste and limits.

Wear the leather, wear the collar or choker, that's fine. Slap your partner's ass once in a while so long as you aren't in a place where there are a lot of children. Like it or not, let's not subject small children to shit they really don't need to see and wonder about for years to come.

Also, vanilla or kink-- another good reason for tasteful limits: Who wants to go to the level of a pair of neighborhood mutts humping near a public sidewalk? Not a matter of offending anyone, just a matter of something which separates the man from the beast.

Of course that's just my opinion and reflective on no one post or poster in particular.

"Your results May vary"
Bunnie
5 years ago • Feb 25, 2019
Bunnie • Feb 25, 2019
@ Faithfullyyours,

“First, I tend to but kink and D/s into two very different boxes. The above answers mostly have to do with kink. I'm going to address the stated question D/s.”

I completely agree. I believe it depends greatly on whether the dynamic is D/s or kink. I think many often confuse the two as being the same thing. I can’t imagine the D/s dynamic being considered offensive or non-consensual by the general public (bigots will always be offended regardless, yes), as it’s simply the relationship/connection... much like @ MasterBear suggested with same sex relationships.
Whereas kink is the “play” aspect of bdsm, which absolutely can be non-consensual and offensive to others.
jsf07​(sub male)
5 years ago • Feb 25, 2019
jsf07​(sub male) • Feb 25, 2019
I think it depend on the setting and people. I have been on a nude beach with lots of people around, naked & on a leash, with my mistress in control. But... that was at a nude beach in San Francisco.