Online now
Online now

Titles labels and roles..

Rosekinks​(switch trans woman)
6 years ago • Jul 4, 2017

Titles labels and roles..

Greetings A/all, a recent chat room discussion has prompted me to ask ... what title do you give yourself and why ? is it role related. desire or lust related. or is it due to your reading fifty shades and thinking that is a way forwards?... the reasoning is .. why Dom`s have their subs call them "Master" when they are clearly not in that rank or role.. ( and i`m not having a swipe at the culprit. but it did make me think ...) You see .. it leads me to wonder how many O/others use the terms incorrectly.. i know, i know, its a matter of taste its a matter of formality .. but to some its very important part of the honorifics we use..

out in the real world as opposed to ether relationships online . Such things can and will most likely be corrected by Dungeon masters tutors aids ect.. who would quietly correct the point .. but in here.. in the ether.. how does one define what role and label they are? ...

So here it is, rosey is asking... "what term and definition do you use for Y/you and or the other person / persons in your D/s? " and would it help to write a personal opinion on this matter?.. thank you in advance for those who took the time to read this .. hugs and sparkles Rose x
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jul 4, 2017
I list my role as a way to let people know I define my kink, sexuality and self. I use it for better use of the word dating help. Someone is looking for a Dom they can talk to me.

With that said what matters more to me is how you view me. I don't care if you like me or not. I want to be viewed as a Dom because you view me as a Dom. If you feel I am a Master than that is how you feel and I would be honored for you to feel that way.

That three letter word next to my name just gives a starting point. I earn my titles and I hold my role very special.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Jul 4, 2017
I don't expect anyone other than my submissive to address me by title unless I am in a femdom specific environment where it's been clearly stated. I enjoy high protocol and believe it helps to enforce a dynamic. I would never expect anyone to use a title outside of these situations nor would I use an honorific for others unless I felt they had earned it or it was clearly stated that it was required in a certain environment.

Titles can be fun. They can be hot. But in BDSM they are subjective bullshit. That's great that you get off having your submissive called you Master or Goddess or whatever. But don't expect me as a dominant to buy in to it.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
6 years ago • Jul 6, 2017
Bunnie • Jul 6, 2017
As a new submissive I've struggled with titles. Master seems to me to be a title that I would give someone that I have the highest respect for, which in my eyes can only be earned over a period of time. Daddy is something I (personally) struggle to see as authoritative, so that just didn't sit right for me either. Luckily, my Dom is very patient and willing to compromise, so I call him Sir, which I love. To me, it has a beautiful balance of authority and approachability which I find sits well with me as a newbie. I don't know if this is "technically correct", but it works for us.