Online now
Online now

Anatomy Books for Riggers

HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
5 years ago • Mar 20, 2019

Anatomy Books for Riggers

Hello,

One thing I've had suggested to me a lot, which I had already thought about before ever expressing interest in being a Rigger, is to look st anatomy and such to learn nerve locations, sensitive areas, pressure points, ect...

I'm assuming picking up anatomy books of any sort could do the trick in learning all of these areas. However I thought I would ask, does anyone have books they looked at which helped them to learn? Anything they want to suggest that does a better job of teaching these things that will help keep me from hurting my love simply because I dont know locations?

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Zaramia​(dom female)
5 years ago • Mar 20, 2019
Zaramia​(dom female) • Mar 20, 2019
Kapit's anatomy coloring book - really tells you all you need. Available on amazon for like $20. Also, practice drawing the paths on a human with a marker- I can tell you when you are not eh nerve with a marker - practice tying over the lines if you have the same person - that's like super great, actually - in my experience with new riggers. It makes me feel safer to know that you have marked out the no go zones.
and have fun!
Sybil
5 years ago • Mar 21, 2019
Sybil • Mar 21, 2019
I’m definitely here for some of the suggest.
Shiro​(sub female)
Shiro​(sub female) • Mar 21, 2019
Same. Curious to see what information is available.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9-VzX9_pzg is good place to start. It also illustrates what Zara suggest with penning in nerves/tendons etc. there are several more online resources around like pearltree http://www.pearltrees.com/t/rigger-education-material/id5484083 If you need more, just yell out.

honestly if you can take a class, I do recommend you do so. Its a faster way to learn and less confronting than a load of "medical" terms in a book, that will sink in faster with a hands on approach. Most classes you can bring your submissive and learn to tie on "him" Just make sure the classes are Mixed BDSM and the rigger is skilled in BOTH sexes.

I havent read Better bondage for everybody but have heard good things about it.
Midori Also has books out that are Femdom based. Two knotty boys are also a good go to for instructions.
    The most loved post in topic
HuntertheYeenQueen​(dom femme){Allie Kat}
I definitely want to take a class but it's hard, as most events/classes/ect are 4+ hrs away and it's hard for us to get the time and money to stay somewhere for that Haha. I keep looking though. Maybe when we leave here in a year we'll be lucky in our next place icon_surprised.gif Unless maybe you know of anywhere I can keep an eye out for online classes? Like webinars or anything? Not as good I'm sure but possibly still better.

I definitely like the idea of marking them down on Wolfy as we try, even if it "doesnt look as pretty" I'd rather the first few times feel a little silly, but hes safe. I absolutely do /not/ want to hurt him by anything I can control.

And I'll look into the books suggested so far once I'm home with better internet! Nothing will load for me right now >:T Haha.

Thanks for the advice so far everyone ❤
Zaramia​(dom female)
Zaramia​(dom female) • Mar 21, 2019
MissBonnie wrote:

honestly if you can take a class, I do recommend you do so. Its a faster way to learn and less confronting than a load of "medical" terms in a book, that will sink in faster with a hands on approach. Most classes you can bring your submissive and learn to tie on "him" Just make sure the classes are Mixed BDSM and the rigger is skilled in BOTH sexes.

HAHA! I'm a nursing student and am immediately smiling this morning! Thank you for that! Images of Tops drawing on Bottoms,... at the local uni!
thank you, and good morning!~.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Dark Fox wrote:
I definitely want to take a class but it's hard, as most events/classes/ect are 4+ hrs away and it's hard for us to get the time and money to stay somewhere for that Haha.

I so hear you on that! Hopefully as kink grows a little more it will spread to the less populated areas. I'm about 90 minutes out of a "city" and found I sometimes need to travel interstate. yeah, family, life and cash flow do make it hard to do.

re webinars I'm hoping someone else might have something here...thats more comprehensive and complete. I can point you to bits and pieces, that will all form a complete picture over time but I do understand your after that complete picture in one source.

Good luck on the exploring. Remember to relax and enjoy it too.

ZaraMiami LOL your welcome for that image. Thanks for making me laugh too!
rosethorn​(sub female)
3 years ago • Aug 16, 2020
rosethorn​(sub female) • Aug 16, 2020
Might also be worth drawing on you where nerve pressure points and arteries are before practicing with rope so you know where to miss.