Online now
Online now

Question about knowing when someone is right for you?

Savida​(other female)
5 years ago • Apr 10, 2019
Savida​(other female) • Apr 10, 2019
I’d add to this that it’s vital to communicate up front that you aren’t looking to date, that it’s play partners/friends only, to avoid hurting anyone’s feelings, because some people will want that to be an option. It may be awkward to talk about to start but once you start talking to someone and it seems nice, I’d strong advise that you let them know what you’re looking for, or rather, what you’re not looking for (and what your relationship status is) so they can make an informed choice/truly and properly consent to whatever is going on.
Wiseonthree​(dom male)
5 years ago • Apr 10, 2019
Wiseonthree​(dom male) • Apr 10, 2019
My mentor and I discussed this exact topic, I agree, and it is important that it is discussed. I’m not wanting anyone’s feelings to get hurt.

Should I put it on my profile? I’m new to this.
Savida​(other female)
5 years ago • Apr 11, 2019
Savida​(other female) • Apr 11, 2019
I think putting in your profile and explicitly discussing it reasonably early on are both good ideas, that way you always know you’ve communicated your terms up front.
Wiseonthree​(dom male)
Wiseonthree​(dom male) • Apr 11, 2019
That’s actually what I did with my previous, discussed it clearly and openly. It made it less weird, and awkward.
MasterBrads painpet​(sub female){OWNED}
@wiseonthree...its crazy how when you read the forums and it hits you hard. For me I feel and understand what you are saying. So many great answers too.

I've been through alot where I thought the connection was on point. Just found out recently the person who asked me to his sub, the fizzle didn't really die. It was more life.

What I've found disheartening is the fact you feel you have the connection; but as soon as you share a pucture you never hear from them.

Friendship, communication, honesty and respect are the best. I feel if I give that and I'm doing my best. Well it is their lose not mine. I don't have patience but I know this if when you least expect it something will happen.

Wish you the best.
Wiseonthree​(dom male)
Wiseonthree​(dom male) • Apr 11, 2019
That’s the most heinous thing to do to someone. You put yourself on the spot by sending a picture to someone, and they respond by not communicating. You should find someone that accepts you for you, your entirety of your very being.

Like connection is so much more than physical attraction, especially in bdsm aspects. And don’t be afraid of putting yourself out there.

I’m certain everyone knows what I’m saying at this point, and you are correct it is their loss and your gain. Cause that person isn’t involved in your life, and isn’t establishing negative thoughts about who and what you are.

I too wish you the best of luck.