Online now
Online now

WE ARE LIVE

Miki
5 years ago • Apr 2, 2019
Miki • Apr 2, 2019
Phanes57 wrote:
Impressive website Bear,

It is easy to navigate and well put together. I just have a few things of thought which you most likely have already thought of.

In your house rules, you state that medical marijuana is not to be used there, yet I read that you will be having a vendor who will be offering it? To Me, that is a conflicting message?

To clarify , one cannot smoke even medicinal mary-jane, but from what I understand (I don't have a need for it) most medical marijuana comes in the form of edibles and are dosed in a way so as not to really induce "altered behavior". But again I do not have such a 'script so I'm only going by second hand knowledge.

Other than that looks like a fun place. The outdoors aspect is definitely.. stimulating. Nice idea.

Website entry -- I don't see the need for too much security. it merely describes the actual location and its events. But the D O B requirement... anyone can put any date over 18 or 21 years of age and get in so might as well not bother-- unless it is required of course.
SweetSirRendering​(sub female)
5 years ago • Apr 2, 2019
Miki wrote:

To clarify , one cannot smoke even medicinal mary-jane, but from what I understand (I don't have a need for it) most medical marijuana comes in the form of edibles and are dosed in a way so as not to really induce "altered behavior". But again I do not have such a 'script so I'm only going by second hand knowledge.

not to go off on a marijuana tangent but here it is hehe

first, when anyone sees “hemp” assume it is referring to fiber icon_smile.gif i don’t think anyone calls anything other than hemp fiber “hemp”.

as far the quote above,
what you are referring to is cbd. this is the non intoxicating compound. if people use medicinal varieties with only cbd, they will not become intoxicated.

everyone i know that are card carrying members icon_wink.gif use thc “medicine” except one person that uses cbd edibles for their child and another that uses both.

i know thc levels are actually typically higher in medical marijuana strains cultivated for medicinal grade THC than most recreational varieties except the best quality unregulated strains that the medical varieties “stem” from anyway icon_wink.gif.

many edibles and other concentrates contain highly concentrated THC levels, so will have a much stronger effect than smoking flower
Miki
5 years ago • Apr 3, 2019
Miki • Apr 3, 2019
Yeah I suppose. Not an expert on medical weed. I use the recreational sort which is ow legal to carry (up to an ounce) and cultivate in my state (makes more sense to grow where one can rather than pay the steep taxes on the commercial stuff, but the cities and towns who host a "dispensary" do get a benefit.

Anyway not to dwell on this tangent, we're having problems (uptick i ER trips) from those inexperienced with edibles. They'll chow down the freakin' brownies and when nothing happens in 10 minutes eat more and voila THC overload.

But in any event, keeping the use of mind-bending substances is a big part of a good safety policy on this property, Hats off to the operators.
MasterBear​(other butch)
5 years ago • Apr 5, 2019
MasterBear​(other butch) • Apr 5, 2019
This is interesting! From an organizer standpoint it's a medicine. BUT because smoke affects others- that's where the end has to be.

I call it marijuana becuase I think it's a general term that covers the drug and its strains as a whole.
But I could be wrong about that.
Miki
5 years ago • Apr 20, 2019
Miki • Apr 20, 2019
MasterBear wrote:
This is interesting! From an organizer standpoint it's a medicine. BUT because smoke affects others- that's where the end has to be.

I call it marijuana becuase I think it's a general term that covers the drug and its strains as a whole.
But I could be wrong about that.

The high level (NO pun intended! ) term would be "cannabis", the female plant that produces the flowers/buds that contain the THC. Cannabis plants produce a group of chemicals called cannabinoids, which produce mental and physical effects.

A different process on the same flowers and buds produces hashish.

The male version is hemp. Hemp contains no THC. I struggle to understand why Hemp remains Federally illegal except one needs the controlled female plant to get seeds, etc.

Boy, am I off topic!