Online now
Online now

Flashbacks to an intense night of play

Tessallia​(sub male)
4 years ago • Apr 26, 2019

Flashbacks to an intense night of play

Tessallia​(sub male) • Apr 26, 2019
So about a week ago I'd had the pleasure of being surprised by a couple of friends, who spent the night playing with me and it was incredibly intense. (If ur more curious about that I actually wrote about it on my blog on this site.) I went into subspace and cuddle for hours and hours. The next day I kept having flashbacks to some of the more intense moments. my breath would get quick, and I'd be mentally pulled into the memory of it. It didn't seem to matter how much I tried to focus on what I was doing (I was at work oops). It wasn't a bad expierence having the flashbacks but is that sorta thing normal.
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
4 years ago • Apr 26, 2019
Sure is. When you’re in extremely intense and highly emotional situations (usually associated with trauma but can also be intensely pleasurable situations) the amygdala (part of your brain that processes emotions) strongly encodes the memory while the hippocampus (part of the brain that stores memories) is weakened. So your memorization is in overdrive but the part of your brain that stores the memories away is being interrupted by the intensity of the event. So the memories are basically frozen in the forefront of your mind creating vivid involuntary memories to enter your consciousness.
    The most loved post in topic