Online now
Online now

Owned/Collared

Rosedi44​(sub female)
6 years ago • Aug 2, 2017

Owned/Collared

Rosedi44​(sub female) • Aug 2, 2017
Evening y'all I'm just hoping to possibly get some feedback from everyone as to they're definition of being owned and being collared in the bdsm lifestyle. I would also very much like to read about what they mean personally to each you. I do realize that for every Dom/Sub it can mean something quite different. For me I'm finding it would be something not to be given or accepted easily as it is a strong level of dedication and commitment between Dom/Sub.

Thank you
Rose
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 2, 2017
I've used the terms interchangeably for the most part, although collaring for me has usually meant a more official, complete level of ownership. For example I've had service subs or play subs who were unquestionably mine. I could command them as I liked and they served only me, but we never had that moment where I officially collared them. I've only done a full collaring a couple of times and it was intensely profound for both me and the sub. It was a public statement (and a private statement between us) of our deeper level of commitment and engagement. Perhaps a rough comparison would be committed dating vs. marriage. And just like that example, ownership and collaring will mean different things to different people. In the end, it's whatever you and your partner decide it means.

I'll just add that there was a time when I was REALLY in to collars and leashes and all of that . It was a huge fetish for me. I still enjoy it but my interest in it has mellowed out. For some people ownership and collaring isn't necessarily about formalizing a relationship. They can also simply be fetishes to be explored that can be put on and taken off at will.

Looking forward to reading other's thoughts!

Last edited by * on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total
    The most loved post in topic
Rosedi44​(sub female)
Rosedi44​(sub female) • Aug 2, 2017
Thank you for your response Evangeline, it always helps me to get other more experienced members opinions on certain things that I've got on my mind. You've been a great help, again thank you so much.
Pazyfae​(sub female){Not collar}
6 years ago • Sep 9, 2017
It depends on a person and the way he or her perceives being collared. For me being collared was extremely meaningful and strong, but I also know people who use collars just to play. It's good when both parties are on the same page in this subject, which unfortunately is not always the case...
Redtailedkitty
6 years ago • Sep 15, 2017
Redtailedkitty • Sep 15, 2017
I like the collar when playing. It adds another dimension of submission. I also like the feeling on my throat which is ironic because ordinarily I don't like anything on my neck at all. Not even turtlenecks or tight hoodies or tops.

I would love to be collared permanently. My husband and I have been married for 20 years. To me it would bring another, deeper aspect of our relationship to the fore. And if we decide to bring others into our circle, I have that extra knowledge/feeling that I'm his and his only. That he is mine in every aspect. An extra layer of security.
FabSeverus​(dom male)
FabSeverus​(dom male) • Sep 15, 2017
Hi
I will recommend you to wear it or your Dom should ask you to wear it, then you will feel the meaning of the term. It is for both party an immense experience.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Sep 15, 2017
To me owned means that you are in a Master / slave relationship.

As far as collars go I believe there are four types:

Play collar: worn during the scene. This collar means what ever the people playing want it to mean. It can mean the same thing each time or something different.

Training collar: means someone is in training for their formal collar.

Formal collar: for some this is like a wedding ring. The person wearing the collar is loved and owned by someone. This collar is usually given at a formal ceremony.

Day collar: since most people can't wear a collar around their neck for day to day activities some will wear a necklace or other piece of jewelry. This symbolizes the collar they normally wear.

Also do a google search for BDSM collars and you will find a lot of information on different types of collars.
Rosedi44​(sub female)
Rosedi44​(sub female) • Sep 15, 2017
Thanks friends, I do believe that my views along this subject do tend to fall along with yours Wakko. Thanks everyone ?