Online now
Online now

How do you choose your friends? A little off topic for BDSM

Neches1836​(dom male)
4 years ago • Nov 28, 2019

How do you choose your friends? A little off topic for BDSM

Neches1836​(dom male) • Nov 28, 2019
Sure I have friends that I love. Friends that I have shared experiences with. Friends that I have things in common with. But....

Being in the early winter of my life I now choose my friends because of their skill sets. What they can do for me. How they can assist me. Selfish of me? Being a fake friend? Let me explain.

I have been an on again off again prepper and survivalist in training for 40 years. To make a comparison I still feel like my knowledge would only fill a thimble and yet there is a whole ocean out there to absorb and put into practice.

Some but not all of the people I talked about in my open come to me when there is lights outt. Example Rita, Ike, Harvey etc etc. My larder is substainal. They do not chuckle at me much any more. I have thought of non perishable food as an investment and clean water for quite a while. There is more. A lot more but you get my drift.

To my point I know there will be a major crisis someday. It lies over the horizon. My newest friends to be sure are auto mechanics, law enforcement, EMT's, combat vets,fire fighters, etc etc. When I can identify their skill set I go out of my way to strike up a conversation with them. Try to get to know them. Definitely do some some networking.Develope a strong friendship.

Selfish of me? Fake friend? I think I am being very prudent and showing great common sense.

What say you?
psgsubbyhubby
4 years ago • Nov 28, 2019
psgsubbyhubby • Nov 28, 2019
Not so much what they can DO for me, but rather, do they call me and see how I am doing. I had one person I hung out with for years. I always called him. When we went on vacation with our significant others, they would tag along on our dime. Finally when I fell on tough times, they were nowhere to be found.

If someone reaches out to me, I call them friends.
    The most loved post in topic
Blue Kat
4 years ago • Nov 29, 2019
Blue Kat • Nov 29, 2019
We all need each other. Find some larpers to.
MasterBear​(other butch)
4 years ago • Nov 30, 2019
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 30, 2019
Good question.
To be a friend we have to share common interests and common politics.

They have to understand that my time is limited, My beloved takes priority, and my head injury means I forget things and cannot go do things with little notice.

No using. No drinking.

No drama. No bullshit.

No lying. No advances.

Man, am I old.....