Online now
Online now

Relaxing

rosethorn​(sub female)
4 years ago • Dec 1, 2019

Relaxing

rosethorn​(sub female) • Dec 1, 2019
I have spent the past few weekends trying to relax and chill. Im not very good at relaxing and no its not a euphemism for something else. I know what I would like to do, technically I live in a city..... its not a city its a small arse town where you bump into everyone on a night out including the people above you. So here is my question if your a sub like me, how do you relax and unwind.
Rose
X
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Dec 1, 2019
Im mot an s type- but I struggle with the same thing. Relaxing is not in my cards. Unless I'm doing sonething. Which is relaxing---
    The most loved post in topic
Aria Quinn​(sub female){collared}
I’m an extreme introvert so for me relaxing means having the house to myself and reading a book or watching a movie while drinking an iced coffee. Sometimes I will take an extra long shower and then spend time doing my makeup and I find that to be relaxing. Sometimes I will cook my favorite meal just for me, I enjoy cooking and I hardly ever get to have my favorite because my Dom’s preferences are very different than mine so when I cook for both of us I cater to his taste. I want to get back into painting, I use to paint a lot but the busyness of having a young child put that on the back burner but now that she is older I want to start making time to paint more.

Relaxing is a discipline that requires practice. You have to compartmentalize your time so that no matter what you haven’t gotten done yet or what you have to do next, you can take the time you have set aside to slow down clear your mind, and rest both physically and mentally. To become the best version of yourself and give your Dom the best you can offer you have to learn to take care of yourself and do what you need to do to prevent yourself from becoming burnt out. Sometimes relaxing and self care can be an act of submission.
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
4 years ago • Dec 2, 2019
I guess it depends on what you like to do. I find yoga very relaxing and it’s good for the mind, body and soul. But then I also like to curl up on the couch and just watch movies or read a book; I also take my dog out for walks and I find that relaxing as well. I even find baking relaxing as well.

Relaxing doesn’t mean doing nothing it just means finding something you like to do that doesn’t feel like a chore. At least that’s how I view it.
FairShare​(other male)
FairShare​(other male) • Dec 2, 2019
Hi rosethorn,

Do you know what style of relaxing you are looking for? Or are you just looking for that stress release, as you mentioned going out.

If it have time for them I find walks in nature the best form of relaxation, but exercising or doing something more energetic works for reducing stress.
Shiruba Doragon​(dom male)
My sub (my partner) finds that she is able to relax when I tie her. If I completely restrain her in rope bondage and cover her over with a warm blanket, she is able to drift off into sub-space (not sleep) a sort of Zen empty mind.
rosethorn​(sub female)
rosethorn​(sub female) • Dec 2, 2019
Im finding things that used to work in the past that helped me to relax aren't helping too much anymore. Thought it might help to share ideas.