Online now
Online now

Travelling abroad

Bunnie
4 years ago • Dec 12, 2019

Travelling abroad

Bunnie • Dec 12, 2019
I’m wondering if there’s anyone who has travelled to another country to meet a potential Dom/me or sub or other?

Any tips? Advice? Does anything change from the normal first meet up rules? Any other hidden gems that may pop up and surprise?

Thoughts on meeting at the airport?
TranquilStorm
TranquilStorm • Dec 12, 2019
The expectations can be a bit higher since you took some extra-measures to meet - therefore the disappointment can hit harder, self-delusion is more tempting or you might be too trusting, because you are not aware of the customs and/or out of your comfort-zone/wits.

As much as theory goes, for me a potential meet-up is the cherry on top of a tasty sundae. If you book a flight with the intention to meet someone, have additional/potential plans besides the person - if (s)he is not to your liking then at least you can do some sightseeing. That also takes away some of the pressure that it "must be" a successful meeting. Besides that, adhere to the normal warning flags and start at a public place and depending on the feeling move on - again, have options open/enough money that you are not dependent on this person. Ideally have at least one person you trust know of your plans who can call the cavalry if things go awry. Beware of the social/economic situation in some countries, google the neighbourhood and don't go into places blind.

Also, I raise the stakes ... bunnie, i have two questions for you icon_wink.gif
Bunnie
Bunnie • Dec 12, 2019
Lol... all these questions 👀. Always happy to try to answer... or hear them at least icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you for that feedback @ TranquilStorm. You raise some very good points.
CapnRick​(dom male)
CapnRick​(dom male) • Dec 12, 2019
Hi Bunnie. How exciting to be contemplating such an adventure ! And living where you do, we are not talking about a short hour or two in the air, I suspect.

My vote would be NOT to meet at the airport, for several reasons worth thinking about. Flights get delayed, creating irritation just when least needed.
The traveler is likely frazzled, maybe jet-lagged, and needs both a shower and some rest--pretty hard to step off an international flight feeling your mental best, let alone looking your best. And for the one meeting the flight, there's the anxiety of crowds, of waiting at the gate, all that.

So, if a hotel is involved, I'd probably opt for that as a meeting place . A shower, maybe some lie-down time, feeling better at that first meeting....the options then are immediate !

Just my thought, suspecting that it will be over-the-top wherever it occurs. Best of good anticipations...
Bunnie
Bunnie • Dec 12, 2019
Also a very good point. I am not blessed to be one of those to travel very gracefully lol. Thank you @ CapnRick.
FunCouple{.-Couple-.}
FunCouple{.-Couple-.} • Dec 12, 2019
Hello Bunny

All my meeting/play times have involved travel abroad.
Fortunately, all have gone well as I did my due diligence before hand.
No nasty surprises.

As a matter of fact, that’s how Kitty and I got together.
When the stars were finally aligned ...... it was a nine hour flight, check in, shower and unpack at the hotel by the river Thames.
5 minute walk around the corner, which actually was 15 minutes because I got lost.

Two hours for dinner, talking, laughing, questions, answers and presentation of a token I had requested.

10 minute, arm in arm, walk back to hotel ..... it was Kitty’s high heels that slowed us down.
Hotel room, Kitty wanting her massage, marking, flogging, fucking, flogging, fucking, tie to bed and chair, flogging, cuddles, sleep, late breakfast.
The next two nights were much the same and the days spent sightseeing and cuddles.

Not sure if this helps, but it was nice to recall that initial meeting again.

Personally, at a new meet those first few encounters/play times was when I found myself at my highest state of Dom mindset/sexual Dominance.

FC

PS
I thinkI may have written a post about my first meeting with my Kitty (and other meets).
    The most loved post in topic