Online now
Online now

Switch information

Patiently waiting​(sub female){WolfeHamme}
4 years ago • Jan 7, 2020

Switch information

I have recently discovered I am a switch. I got my first taste of the Domme world this afternoon. It was AMAZING!!! Is there anything I should be wary of or take into consideration? Anything will help.
LolaRen​(switch female)
4 years ago • Jan 8, 2020
LolaRen​(switch female) • Jan 8, 2020
I recently discovered I am one as well and have a new sub. The best advice I got was to use your understanding of submission to provide for your sub. You have been there you know what it feels like make sure they are your priority.

However I am new too so i will be following.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jan 8, 2020
@ Patiently waiting,

Firstly, I just wanted to say I always admire that you’re willing to ask for help. I think that is an awesome characteristic that is so beneficial in this lifestyle (or anywhere in life really).

Whilst I can’t offer any advice from personal experience, I can offer some thoughts from what I’ve absorbed through “osmosis” lol.

Perhaps something to be wary of is to keep in mind that although you may have experienced being the bottom, everyone is different... will have different responses to things, will have different triggers etc. perhaps as per usual, a highly valuable aspect is communication (?)

I have come to notice that even in the world of Switches now there seems to be different concepts. So that may be worth exploring. Do you Switch only with females? Or do you feel the desire to dominate men as well? Do you feel fluid within a scene, and feel like Switching things up during? Or is it more structured...

Maybe some things to explore within yourself. Obviously none of these things “define” you, however, they may help you narrow down what you’re seeking.

I’m sure you’ll get some great feedback, hopefully from a broad range of the community.
Good luck icon_biggrin.gif
Erick​(sub male)
Erick​(sub male) • Jan 8, 2020
Yes. You just stepped into a world of trouble. Being a dom is ten times more problematic than being a sub. Probably twenty times.

In the real-real-real atavistic world of the primordial jungle way beyond the constraints of the civilized world, being a dom is great. The strong take what naturally belongs to them. And the weak try to surrender with grace, if they know what's good for them. Power is good. Heh-heh.

But in the quasi-make pretend world of BDSM, best of luck. Your sub, plus society in general, plus the self-appointed moralistic establishment, plus the law, plus pretty much everyone except a handful of radical "weirdos" like you find on websites like this, is going to be biased against you, if anything should happen to go wrong.

So you always have to make very, very sure that nothing goes wrong. Which is a big responsibility--i.e. a pain in the butt. The sub's end of things can be somewhat painful in limited ways, but is otherwise amazingly carefree. Which is really the whole point of being a sub. And there's usually not even that much pain that the endorphins can't handle.

People tell me I'm too cynical. So... don't listen to me. This is just IMHO.
KnottyBear​(other female)
KnottyBear​(other female) • Jan 8, 2020
@ Patiently Waiting

I popped in here cause @Bunnie thought I might be an good resource. I’ve been around for quite a while. I am a “switch” personally. All of this is so much more than just playing. It’s connection. It’s taking care of the ones you connect with. If you have any questions feel free to bind me.
Patiently waiting​(sub female){WolfeHamme}
I ask because closed mouths don't get fed, and I am HUNGRY! Plus, I am sure there are others who are looking for information too.
I am thinking that I will put this on the back burner for now, though. I am still so new. But at least I know it is there. And I am so excited to explore it!
KnottyBear​(other female)
KnottyBear​(other female) • Jan 8, 2020
I completely understand where you’re coming from. I knew I was a switch, but came into the public scene as a sub. I knew I had the dominant energy, but wanted to explore submissive energy further. It wasn’t till over a year in that I switched. Never feel like you have to rush. We have contact, and see all these other people on here and other places. We can fall into a headspace of
keeping up. This is not a race or competition. And honestly, I’m leery of people that see it that way. Do what’s best for you and your partner(s).
    The most loved post in topic