Online now
Online now

n/a option on gender or making profile invisible?

Aurienne​(dom femme)
6 years ago • Oct 24, 2017
Aurienne​(dom femme) • Oct 24, 2017
I will also throw in my hat and say that I received undesirable male attention. The first man sent me messages assuming that I was straight (okay, most people are) and submissive - presumably because I am a woman - which is strongly misogynistic. The second, after I had filled in my sexual and role preferences only heeded the latter, and proceeded to busk me for handout dominance despite my profile stating I am gay.
ThoughtMonster{Queer SM}
6 years ago • Oct 24, 2017
ThoughtMonster{Queer SM} • Oct 24, 2017
I'll point out that I asked them a year ago, on this site, to include Queer as an orientation descriptor, and that wasn't ever done. So I wouldn't hold my breath for a n/a gender option.
Villanelle​(staff)
6 years ago • Oct 25, 2017
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone! Sorry I am a bit behind on this thread and just playing catchup. I'll answer a few questions and address a few concerns which I hope will help.

First of all THE CAGE is for all genders, persuasions, and orientations. We are not geared towards any particular dynamic other than for people interested in BDSM, power exchange, kink, erotica, etc. If that's you and you are adult, polite, and respectful, we very much hope you'll stick around!

I think it's important to remember that not everyone is here to hook up or meet a partner. Some are here for discussion, support, or just because they are interested in socializing. Unsolicited nude pics aren't cool and I'd let anyone who sends you one know. If they are rude or persist in sending unsolicited material, ignore them. And take a screenshot and report them. We'll deal with it.

The discussion forums are public, so once it's out there, it's out there, even if you choose to delete your profile. If you are particularly concerned about a thread you've started or a comment you've made, message me and we can sort it out.

Your blog posts and profile disappear when you have your account removed. Although we hope you won't do that.

Whew..okay I haven't had coffee yet and was up late working..so that's all you get from me for now! xxx
    The most loved post in topic
Villanelle​(staff)
Oh one other thing..in regards to the request to add 'queer' as an option, we added it over a year ago as per Assaf's blog post:

https://thecage.co/blog/userblog.php?postid=34&blog_id=2

You can adjust these options in "preferences".

We can be a bit slow sometimes to implement changes but I promise you, we are listening. We've got a long list of adjustments, improvements and new features we want to add. So please keep the ideas coming and let us know what you want to see. We love hearing from you!
ThoughtMonster{Queer SM}
ThoughtMonster{Queer SM} • Oct 25, 2017
Evangeline,

Queer is still not an option for sexual orientation. 'Gender queer' is a gender option. The current options for sexual orientation are: heterosexual, gay/lesbian, bisexual, asexual, pansexual, and not applicable.

Queer needs to be an option for sexual orientation, as I requested a year ago.
ButterflyShriek
ButterflyShriek • Oct 25, 2017
I am one of those directed here by TM. I was inundated by unsolicited messages while having nothing in my profile. As soon as I put a "hostile" profile, (the one I currently have, except the About me section said "to be filled in later") ... they stopped.

However, I then received extreme hostility for no reason from a (female) chat Lobby regular. I have screencaptures of this. It is a bit worrisome, tbh.
Villanelle​(staff)
Thanks for the feedback...we'll likely be revamping the options for profiles and the preferences settings in the future. In fact, I'd like to have the two amalgamated. We'll keep you posted.

I'm sorry to hear anyone experienced hostility on the site. I recommend ignoring those that annoy you and screenshooting and reporting those you feel cross over in to abuse.