Online now
Online now

Safeword?

bernalillo​(sadist male)
4 years ago • Mar 16, 2020
bernalillo​(sadist male) • Mar 16, 2020
Yes of course. When play needs to stop or something needs to change. No different from an s-type. Why? Cause d-types are humanish too.
DrKrall
DrKrall • Mar 16, 2020
I'm not saying You are wrong, but those times when I've had to stop a session for some reason I have just stopped it. I don't need a word for it.
On the other hand if it is a group thing, and especially if there are other Doms involved a safeword might come in handy.

Also: There are such a thing as masochistic Doms who might order their subs to tie them down and whip them (I've seen it once or twice). They might need a safeword if their sub gets out of hand.
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
I've known bottoms who like to play harder than their tops but have negotiated harder scenes with them because the top had a safeword to stop. It looked more like a ramping down of the scene but they did use the actual word with the bottom when they'd had enough. I thought it was really responsible and a good way to expand boundaries together.
DrWakko
4 years ago • Mar 17, 2020
DrWakko • Mar 17, 2020
A Top might use a safe word when a scene goes sideways. The safe word in a public play space might be used when the Top has a problem in the scene and will need help from from a DM.

Another reason why they use a safe word is to let their bottom know there is a problem and not to freak out, because they have the situation under control.

If a Top just stops a scene and doesn't explain it to the bottom then the bottom could wonder why the scene stopped and freak out. I would think as a bottom you wouldn't want to know something is wrong while you are restrained or in bondage, but able to deal with the situation when you are untied and mobile.

Stopping a scene with safe word could also give a bottom time to get into a better head space than to be rushed out of bondage to deal with a problem.

Safe words are more common for bottoms to use because almost everything is happening to them and they are the ones that need to stop.

If you are playing with a bottom no matter how often you play with them ALWAYS check in with them. Things will happen where a safe word is needed, however a good Top will check in with their bottom so safe words aren't needed since they are always checking on the status of their bottom.
    The most loved post in topic
DrKrall
4 years ago • Mar 17, 2020
DrKrall • Mar 17, 2020
simplylaura wrote:
I've known bottoms who like to play harder than their tops but have negotiated harder scenes with them because the top had a safeword to stop. It looked more like a ramping down of the scene but they did use the actual word with the bottom when they'd had enough. I thought it was really responsible and a good way to expand boundaries together.

Sounds wise. I've never tried to expand boundaries in front of an audience. I prefer to keep well within both mine and the bottoms boundaries in front of an audience. Trying new stuff or pushing limits is something I prefer to do in private without distractions from others.
JohnBond​(dom male){Kitten}
4 years ago • Mar 18, 2020
simplylaura wrote:

At first I thought, 'you could just stop the scene' but I can definitely see the benefit of using your word to help your bottom quickly adjust their head space and understand why it is happening. I would think it could help prevent or reduce some severe drop from just abruptly ending an intense scene. Especially if it is a scene designed to push the top's limits